Hi All,

My work just upgraded their old Moto phones to Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530's. We have an extensive contact list in csv file format that we need to get onto these phones.

I have read about logging in to the BIS sprint.blackberry.com site and importing it there, but I get a message that email must be managed on the phone.

What is the easiest way to get these contact on to the new Blackberries?

Thank you!
    07-16-10 08:25 AM
    csv eh?

I'd say Outlook + Desktop Manager is the best solution.

Import the csv to Outlook and then using Desktop Manager, have them imported to the phone.

Actually, Gmail and Yahoo contact sync are working now, so you could import the csv into ONE (not both!) account on any of there services and then add that email to the device (Setup > Email Wizard), making sure you check Contact Sync.

Whichever you decide to use, once set up (properly), you'll be able to edit the contacts on the phone and the changes will sync to the "database". Myself, I moved all contacts to gmail and have them sync OTA.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-16-10 at 08:47 AM.
    07-16-10 08:45 AM
    csv eh?

I'd say Outlook + Desktop Manager is the best solution.

Import the csv to Outlook and then using Desktop Manager, have them imported to the phone.

Actually, Gmail and Yahoo contact sync are working now, so you could import the csv into ONE (not both!) account on any of there services and then add that email to the device (Setup > Email Wizard), making sure you check Contact Sync.

Whichever you decide to use, once set up (properly), you'll be able to edit the contacts on the phone and the changes will sync to the "database". Myself, I moved all contacts to gmail and have them sync OTA.
    Well explained.

But if you don't want to do all those process. Take your both phones to a nearby Sprint store, and they'll transfer all your contacts for free, and in less than 5 minutes. I don't know if it matters when your contacts are in CSV format or not.
    07-16-10 10:43 AM
    Also, this "How To" article might help you out How to Transfer Address Book to Blackberry Phone | eHow.com
    07-16-10 10:45 AM
    Myself, I moved all contacts to gmail and have them sync OTA.
    How long does the first sync take? I uploaded the csv file to a GMail account and now have several contacts in the GMail account. I added the gmail account to the phone. I chose to sync contacts and deleted items. The mail account works, I can send and receive email. But the contacts do not seem to sync.

When I go into the Contacts on the phone and hit options, there is a gmail Contact List. However, it shows Wireless Synchronization as not available.

Any ideas?
    07-16-10 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD