I have searched through my Curve 8900, and cannot find a way to import Canadian (or any) holidays. Does anyone have the answer to this?? I prefer not to add them manually each year.

Thanks
    01-03-09 08:23 AM
    Welcome to CB! Here is a nifty little application that has a free download and trial for putting holidays on your BB.

Download Holidays 2009 (BlackBerry) 4.0 for Blackberry Free Trial - The easiest way to check out the different cultural holidays. - Softpedia
    01-03-09 08:29 AM
    Is there not an application within the device that I have overlooked?? I don't want to have to pay for an application after hearing how advanced the device is/was.
    01-03-09 08:34 AM
    Covering all major holidays for all the countries into which the device will be released would make no sense for RIM. North Americans don't need German french and Canadian holidays on their phones and vice versa. It's not that it's not an advanced device. It's what makes sense to have on it for such a wide release. You only need plug them in once. Set them to annual recurrences and they will import to all of your future berries! Yay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:02 PM
    sync with MS Outlook to get holidays - - - there is a free plug-in to Outlook for Various Countries Holidays - - I do this for the US holidays and it works great.....now I know when Arbor day is !!!!
    01-03-09 01:42 PM
    Good info Dawg!

01-03-09 05:13 PM
    sync with MS Outlook to get holidays - - - there is a free plug-in to Outlook for Various Countries Holidays - - I do this for the US holidays and it works great.....now I know when Arbor day is !!!!
    I do this also. I download both Canadian holidays and the U.S. holidays since it is more complete and then just delete the US ones that i don't need. Some holidays (such as Xmas eve, and New years eve) only show up in US and not in the Canadian list for some reason.
    01-04-09 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the instructions....I did it and it works great.
    01-04-09 12:10 PM
    Someone needs to make this a 101 thread.

01-04-09 02:40 PM
    I have Office 2007 and no plugin is needed for holidays. In Outlook go to Tools ... Options ... Calendar Options ... Add Holidays ... Check off the countries you want and click OK. Then sync with your Blackberry, easy as pie. I believe this also works for Outlook 2003 and above.

@Dawg357 - Thanks very much for the tip I never really thought about doing this before now and you got me to learn something new about Outlook as well!
    01-10-09 01:28 AM
    Covering all major holidays for all the countries into which the device will be released would make no sense for RIM. North Americans don't need German french and Canadian holidays on their phones and vice versa. It's not that it's not an advanced device. It's what makes sense to have on it for such a wide release. You only need plug them in once. Set them to annual recurrences and they will import to all of your future berries! Yay!

Canada is in north america lol, and I find it weird that they wouldn't have canadian holidays seeing as rim is a canadian company.

Edit: misunderstood post ignore this lol
    Last edited by reguzz; 01-10-09 at 02:39 AM.
    01-10-09 02:37 AM

Sorry I disagree with you here.

Most of us who use the BB, actually do travel and/or do international business. It would be nice to have the holidays built into the Calendar interface and then in the options all one would have to do is select the area(s) that you want added to the Calendar. This is one of just many areas RIM is falling short and why they are loosing ground against the competition. As others think of these great little options that make the product complete.

My two cents

Whaledd

06-22-10 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD