I feel like I have to chime in on this thread.

I read your rant and a few posts after until I got kinda pissed.

Look, its your phone and you have to be happy with it. I, or anyone here, can not be happy for you.

However, and I mean a big HOWEVER, I came prom palm os. I had a treo 650. It was my life. I had everything on that phone due to his capibilites. I had the phone for about 4 yrs with ANY problem whci h is weird for palm os (lol).

The ONLY reason I got a BB was bc my wife and I combined our tmo account with a family plan with myfaves. I wanted a myfaves phone. Right after I got off the phone with tmo when I ordermy BB I got pissed. I should have never ordered a BB. It was the same kind of hate you see when 2 kids talk about xbox 360 and ps3. They have a hate towards eachothers systems for no reason. I HATED BB and I didn't even have one. I loved my treo and would go back to it any day of the week.

I have had my BB Curve for 2 weeks. I haven't touched or looked at my treo since. All the apps I had on my tro, I have on my BB (minus the games). Palms email sucked. You never got it.... Ever. GRRRR.
    BB email is top notch. I absolutly love it.

Treo is nice for the touchscreen, but when you had the treo for as long as I did, you tend not to use the touchscreen at all. You really don't need it on a phone unless you don't have a 5-point navigations or trackball.

A long time ago I had a phone with a slideout qwerty keyboard.I thought I was going to get rid of my treo... It was the mda from tmo. It had winmo. WinMobile is nice, the layout is sweet, but I hated it with a passion. Theonly thing I loved was the internet. Which is still better than the BB.

Any phone that makes u use the touchscreen for everything is just a disaster. Iphone,g1, etc. Give me a break. You run SOOOOOO many risks with those phones.

My advise is really sit down and take everything I wrote in. In the long run you will find your BB is about the same as anyother phone on the market... It just doesn't have a touchscreen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 08:44 AM
    I certainly agree with that. I've never owned a palm os PHONE. I have owned 3 palm os p.d.a.'S. The original rant was to vent frustration in a "forum" that may lead to discovery of the issue. Also, the frustration I was feeling, in part, was due to the fact my BB had been flawless until recently and it seems like it's getting worse. I have a side of me (like everybody else) that wants the latest/greatest. As I read through many forums about many phones I see a common theme; people "love" their phone (I'm pretty sure nobody would save their phone instead of their child or anything)I want to love my phone too but as it gets worse my attitude is more like: it's a tool so I don't care. Until it got 'sick' I felt very priveledged to own a BB. I suppose in the end I'll either get another BB Or get a different phone altogether or have this BB fixed. No matter what I do one point of contention that can't be denied is this: with technology where it is currently EVERY 'smartphone' is sadly lacking. 2 years ago I developed a "candy bar flip phone" with dual touch screens a full qwerty, win xp, 100GB Micro Drive. Ultimately it never made it to physical prototype ($3,000) I just didn't have the money but if I can do it from my livingroom then microsoft can "make it happen". I do need, at this point, to say: I apologize to the poster concerning the iTouch...it's proper name is the ipod touch....my bad! In closing I will take a step back, breathe, and I will be thankful for wanting what I have (such good fellowship here @ crackberry) instead of having what I want (a different device that satisfies me for 12 seconds). I will praise my God for many things but also for 1 thing: girls with blackberrys really are HOT.

02-16-09 09:55 AM
    Wow... That's one **** of a phone. The problem is.... You can buy that right now. Its called a asus one. It has a sim card slot. They haven't integrated calling into the computer, but for 300 dollars you can't beat it.
    Its about the size of a dvd case if u hav ent seem it.

Plus, who needs a phone like that? Wifi on phones is pointless imho.

02-16-09 10:11 AM
    Btw: every phone does lag one way or another. Its your job to keep on top of it and erase things that make it lag.

Its the same thing as a pc... When your IE lags which causes the rest of ur system to lag, you get IE off the open tasks.

If you downloaded anything recently, delete it. If you have slacker or games, make sure you FULLY close them out and not just hit the red hangup button.
    These simple things will makes your bb run smoother....its a pc afterall.

02-16-09 10:17 AM
    All apps are closed/compatible with os 4.5.0.131....phones lag issue maybe hardware related. I brought it to sprint to have the trackball cleaned. They disassembled the phone and "replaced" the tball. Since then I've had lag and keyboard problems. But I have no way to get to sprint right now (no car no cash no bus) so I'm kinda stuck but I have faith it will work out.....

02-16-09 11:53 AM
    do we have a support group for this gentleman????? Anyone at all.....
    Maybe he should read bible excerpts from his bible reader?
    02-16-09 12:51 PM
    Are you running Facebook by any chance? Or viigo?
    02-16-09 01:15 PM
    Are you running Facebook by any chance? Or viigo?
    I run facebook and it runs fine.
    Myspace lagged my curve.. i deleted it.
    02-16-09 06:09 PM
    Facebook has been known for many users to lag the phone just by being installed on the phone. If you are having lag issues, you might try deleting it and see if there's any difference.
    02-16-09 06:13 PM
    It's funny... I used a Treo 650 for 4 years - and ended up with the very same reaction to it. I loved it for what it did - (almost effortlessly keeping my life together, whether taking pics on vacation, reading ebooks/pdf's/docs, playing scores of games, listening to music) and ended up absolutely hating it. For no real valid reason. Well, yeah, there was: being ambidextrous, I ended up having major carpal tunnel in both hands. The Treo was bulky, and the touch screen was beginning to show its age, doing all kinds of creative things.

So I migrated to newer phones... IPhone (hated it), Samsung Jack (really hated that one), Nokia E71 (THE most outstanding phone on the market today, and the absolute worst for carpal tunnel syndrome). It had every weapon you could want - wifi, a full office suite, all and every connectivity option, incredible graphics, great sound, - all in a package that was ultra-thin, long, heavy, slippery, and had the worst/tiniest set of keys ever developed. I loved it but couldn't hang onto it one-handed making a phone call.

I finally settled on the BB 8310. Form function perfect for my hands, non-slip sides, easy-to-use keys. My only wish was for the functions of the E71 in the form of the Curve. THAT would be the ultimate device.

I have thought of going back to the Treo from time to time, but I take it out and look at it, and put it away real fast. The Curve seemed to just have the right balance of form and function for me.

02-16-09 07:21 PM
    No I don't have facebook or myspace installed, I do them through my browser. I do read my bible on the berry I use olive tree. I wish there was a setting where you could override the screen off setting from olive tree but no big deal. I called sprint as the phone reset itself when I tried watching youtube. They are gonna send me out a refurb....since this curve is my first ever BB I was wondering if it's normal to have to replace these devices every 6 months or so? I'm gonna do a similar post in the sprint forum: are the refurbished phones from sprint any good or are they just "someone elses problem"?

02-16-09 09:48 PM
    It's a great world when people can whine about their phone that basically acts like a laptop computer, weighs almost nothing and can do about anything they want.
    03-05-09 06:02 PM
    three words.. niagra
    03-06-09 02:03 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD