I have the BB8520, i bought it off C.List, i didnt get all the stuff to it like the booklet or the usb cord, my sister has the same phone but on hers she had apps on it already & i didnt, am i supposed too?

I want the app "Crunchsms" but i cant download it from my phone cause i dont have the internet, well i have web2go? is there a way i could get it? or could she send it too me? Im confused help me please
    05-24-10 06:28 PM
    You have to have a BB data plan to use app world
    05-24-10 07:10 PM
    Jberry is right. You absolutely need. BIS or BES data plan to download apps, use bbm, use most apps, etc. Without the correct data plan for the bb, you cannot do these things. Even if you use wifi, you still need a bb data plan. That's your only option... Or.. Ask someone who has a bb data plan to put their sim card in your phone and then download the app and switch back sim cards. Apps like crunchsms (not so sure what it does but I have an idea) should work. However, this method only works for GSM phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 08:15 PM
    Yeah. Sorry to burst the bubble but you DO need the BIS or BES data plan.
    05-24-10 09:38 PM
    You can install some apps the only uses WiFi (doesn't need BIS). Like CrunchSMS, you can just download some apps and install them using DM to your phone.
    05-24-10 10:23 PM
    Lets point out that downloading an app that is free using someone's SIM card is not illegal or wrong, or even not unethical. However, when we start talking about what it takes from an upgrade standpoint, you really do need a data plan to keep the apps updated or you find yourself doing the SIM card shuffle all the time. So do it to get the free theme or app, but in the long run you will see that you will get more out of your BB with a data plan.
    05-24-10 10:25 PM
    You can download crunchsms straight from ur browser connecting with wi-fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD