Hey everyone.. I have an 8300 and its my first BB. I had issues with losing data while backing up and restoring files.. to get my address book, i had to back up just the address book and restore it within my latest backup. Anyway, It turns out I lost my BB Browser and its settings/files. The browser Icon, Media Net Icon, and Email-Set Up Icons are all missing. Also, when i try clicking on a link through a text message or email, it tells me

"Your device does not currently have any Broser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please Contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your Device."

I would like to get my icons back, and be able to click links..also...

to use the internet I have to use Opera Mini. When I go to a link and try to download a ringtone from the link.. when i click "start download" it asks me if i want to access the page.. i say yes.. and the same message comes up as it tries to open the download through BB browser. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    12-09-07 12:43 AM
    Well have you tried to download the latest OS and install a fresh os on your bb? You can go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4 and select your phones model *for example you have an 8300 the latest software is 4.2.2.301 package from att.. And try to see if you get your browser back. Also make sure you have the latest Desktop Manager as well.

Charlie
    12-09-07 05:09 AM
    thanks charlie, i have the 4.3 version of desktop manager.. ill check out updating my OS... updating my OS wont delete any apps or files i have will it?
    12-09-07 01:19 PM
    This may help also, for the browser issue:

Internet Browser FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-09-07 01:21 PM
    you guys are awesome. thanks. registering fixed the icons problems.. i still need the latest OS as well.
    Last edited by hugyourstereo; 12-09-07 at 01:29 PM.
    12-09-07 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD