cause i am
    and im paying the 99 simply everything plan.
    and so far im pissed off.
    i pay this much money to use everything on the phone.
    the phone alone is alot.

AND NOW i cant evne use it for wat a blakcberry is known for.
    3days ago my text was quick.
    ever since its been givin me problems.

here is wat im mad about
    i updated the software yesterday on that sprint.com/downloads
    and noooowww

1. i dont get texts
    2. if i end up getting then and when i do, they say *NOT RETRIEVED YET*
    3. ill get doubles sumtimes 3times the same text.
    4. i send a text at lets say 4:00pm thry recieve it at bout 4:01pm, they reply and i dont get that till liek 5minutes later. WTFFFF
    5. everytihng else works fine. my navigation works fine. apps work fine.
    everything BUT TEXT.
    and thats the main reason i got this phone.

i live in the Los Angeles area as well as fullerton. so if anyone knows where i can go and who exactly i can go speak to please let me know. these ppl at the SPRINT store dont know squat.

preferrably somewhere between downtown LA and Covina and as south as whittier.
    thanks.
    02-21-09 08:37 PM
    I have to agree with you, same plan here same problems as you. Except I get messages hours even days later. What a mess! really like this phone.
    02-21-09 08:41 PM
    i love this phone too. but im seriously gettin upset with this text problem.

they siad the software woudl fix it.
    and i tihnk it jsut got worse.

WTF
    02-21-09 08:42 PM
    Yeah i thought all problems were solved but I missed some very important messages today. I need to do something about this in a quick manner. Hopefully someone has an answer or I may be forced to switch devices.
    02-21-09 08:46 PM
    do you both live in the same area?
    02-21-09 08:49 PM
    i live in fullerton during the week and come home from school to LA on the weekends.
    02-21-09 08:52 PM
    Colorado here so I'm centrally located compared to west coast. I see your point though! I wonder if that has something to do with it?
    02-21-09 08:52 PM
    maybe. i know the other day i had the same issue you guys are having and i am on the east coast.
    02-21-09 08:53 PM
    I, like most of us, realy like the 8350i when its working properly, however, it's a bit frustrating to have a new phone that only operates properly 90% of the time. We paid 100% of the fee but are only getting 90% of the service from Sprint/Nextel.

Its like buying a new car with an electrical problem, I wonder how many Sprint/Nextel execs would be happy with such a vehicle, especially if their dealer told them - "Oh, its just a glitch, just open the hood and disconnect the battery once a day and you will be fine."

They have Lemon Laws for such autos and most of those laws would also be applicable to the 8350i. Grrrrr, this is frustrating. Thanks for listening to my venting.
    02-21-09 09:13 PM
    Ok my mms seems to be working again very quickly! Im praying that when I wake tomorrow it will still be that way and wont need the first thing battery pull!
    02-21-09 10:37 PM
    Mine was working fine until yesterday afternoon when I would get texts 15 or 20 minutes after it was sent. Then later in the evening I had to reboot and in came 3 texts.

I guess the fix wasn't 100%.

I am in NC
    02-22-09 08:45 AM
    I'd be curious to see how many of those with complaints about txt's are first time Nextel folks?

Many of these issues are common occurrences, on most any network. But delayed text's happened long before my 8350i. (Have been on nextel for over a decade, last stint is 6 years running)

Just me thinkin...

john
    02-22-09 09:41 AM
    chicago market here- received a text 720 am this morning. it was sent yesterday at 2:20pm
    02-22-09 10:06 AM
    New York here and I'm all of a sudden having the same problem!
    For a month I had to live with NO text, now this? Ahhhhh!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 12:27 PM
    Florida here. I'm not having as much trouble as I was without the update. Try rerouting your host in the advanced options or deleting your mms and mms transport service books and resending them. It helps speed things along.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:28 PM
    Upstate NY here. Haven't had any of the problems that people are reporting. Have 2 8350i's. Both bought at the same time.

Only problem I did have was this: Plugged the phone (still on) in overnight. When I woke, the phone was stuck in a voice dialing mode. Tried to reset, did a battery pull and got an app error. Don't recall now what the number was. Couldn't get past it. Tried all the blackberry 101 things like reinstalling OS, rolling back OS, etc. Nothing worked. Sprint/Nextel sent me a new phone overnight. Still none of the problems that others are having.
    02-22-09 02:54 PM
    for a friend who has nextel (cuz i know better)...it has compose mms (pix msg) but compose sms is missing..does it not do text messaging??
    02-22-09 07:52 PM
    for a friend who has nextel (cuz i know better)...it has compose mms (pix msg) but compose sms is missing..does it not do text messaging??
    text messaging is done through the MMS
    02-22-09 07:56 PM
    Tasha the 8350i is able to receive sms but sends out as MMS. It's just the way the phone is set up I guess. It does text messaging but in the MMS format.
    02-22-09 07:58 PM
    I am in NYC and have had the phone all of 4 days and have had nothing but issues with the texting. I mean come on....its a BLACKBERRY for petes sake. If you cant text on it what the **** is it good for. I called sprint and they said that they are unaware of any issues with the phone. i am so sending this back tomorrow am, only problem is that there is no other phone on sprint i want. very bad....also got an OtterBox case brand new in the box that i have to send back as well.
    02-22-09 08:45 PM
    I am in NYC and have had the phone all of 4 days and have had nothing but issues with the texting. I mean come on....its a BLACKBERRY for petes sake. If you cant text on it what the **** is it good for. I called sprint and they said that they are unaware of any issues with the phone. i am so sending this back tomorrow am, only problem is that there is no other phone on sprint i want. very bad....also got an OtterBox case brand new in the box that i have to send back as well.
    what OS is your phone? the newest is .128 that should have fixed the text issues
    02-22-09 08:51 PM
    chicago market here- received a text 720 am this morning. it was sent yesterday at 2:20pm

i keep recieving txts within the middle of the night when they we sent like early that day!

ugh its fustrating!

i talked to 2 reps and they said "oh well did you get that update, cause if yo udidnt you shouldnt be having problems with the txt" and im like "i did!" ughhhhh

i hope Alex can help us with this one :[
    02-22-09 09:13 PM
    Texas over her. and the issues are still occuring!!!
    02-22-09 09:16 PM
    i keep recieving txts within the middle of the night when they we sent like early that day!

ugh its fustrating!

i talked to 2 reps and they said "oh well did you get that update, cause if yo udidnt you shouldnt be having problems with the txt" and im like "i did!" ughhhhh

i hope Alex can help us with this one :[
    have you resent your service books?
    02-22-09 09:17 PM
    Something is going on. I was getting the same text twice in a row a few minutes apart. Now text are coming in slower. I wonder if they're tweaking something or if what they tweaked broke. Time to send an email to the big guy again. Please be kind but firm with your problems. Everybody send an email, stick together we'll get results: [email protected]
    [email protected]
    02-22-09 09:35 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD