next day probably wouldn't have helped you because it sure didnt help me
    02-16-09 05:20 PM
    I ordered mine Wednesday afternoon with express shipping and was just told that mine is on back order, so I had them remove the express shipping for whenever they are back in stock.
    02-16-09 05:21 PM
    i guess i did get lucky, lol..cuz i did next day....i would've been tight if i paid for the extra shipping and it got put on back order
    02-16-09 05:22 PM
    So ordered my phone on release day the 11th and have been checking the status all week. When called 611 I just kept getting it was still being processed. So today is Monday the 16th and I just made my daily Tmo call and they are BACK ordered. WTF. They have no knowledge of when it be be available again. I must say I am pretty aggrivated now since I had no luck getting it before the release day aswell.
    So to all who have not received it yet, I guess it is safe to say you will have to wait a little longer. Only time will tell how long.
    And just a side note, I love how I received my BSE (just the screen protector's) yesterday in the mail. Looks to be good quality, and its a slap in the face having them just sit there lol.
    the automated system just told me it was on backorder and when I spoke to a rep, it went on backorder today.

I AM SO ANGRY.
    02-16-09 05:31 PM
    I ordered my 8900 on the 12th and I just got off the phone with 2 reps and the automated system. Both reps assured me that the phone was not on backorder and the automated system said that my order was still pending. We shall see?!?!?!?
    02-16-09 05:52 PM
    How do you check the automated system for handset status? What number and prompts? thx
    02-16-09 05:59 PM
    When the recording says how can i help you, just say order status.
    02-16-09 06:02 PM
    Just ordered 2 8900's on Sat and it was shipped out today. Hopefully it will arrive by Weds/Thurs.

Did everyone here ordered it from T-mobile or a different site?
    02-16-09 07:15 PM
    Just picked up the last one in store. Finally! It actually worked out better that my online order went into backorder. Buying from the store, I got the bundle package which had a hip holster, car charger, and a pack of screen protectors for $40 less than what my online total came to for just the phone.

Now it's on the charger until fully charged (I work at a Batteries Plus, can't be a hypocrite!) before I can start messing with it.

edit for poster above me - I ordered mine directly from TMo online.
    02-16-09 07:16 PM
    I ordered from tmobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:19 PM
    Ok I talked to someone I know who works for Tmobile and YES the phones are back ordered with no date being announced as to when there will be more.

02-16-09 07:19 PM
    Ordered mine Saturday from T-Mobile with express shipping. Just called again to see if there was a back order, the rep said I should have the phone by tomorrow or Wednesday the latest.
    02-16-09 07:22 PM
    I ordered from tmobile.

So im guessing that its just from T-mobile that has back orders. Damn that is just the suck.
    02-16-09 07:23 PM
    So I just called Tmo again mentioned this site-he chuckled and my friend..he told me that no where on his end does it show its back ordered. And that it would take 2-3 weeks until that could happen because of the "huge" stock. He assured me I will get my phone on the 19

02-16-09 07:29 PM
    thank the lord, some reassuring news
    02-16-09 07:50 PM
    Why are all of the stores out for the last 3-4 days? Where is that 'huge' stock?
    02-16-09 07:55 PM
    I know I think I'm going to go with my source who works for tmo. Sad but true.

A local store here has 3, if anyone lives in Overland Park ks, pm me and ill give you the addy to the store.

02-16-09 08:01 PM
    I went into a T-mobile store to exchange my 8900 today. I had to call 5 local stores to find a store with one in stock. Apparently they are back ordered because T-mobile let business' pre-order phones before releasing it to the public, and completely underestimated the demand they would get for the phone. No stores in the area are getting new stock anytime soon according to the CSR.
    02-16-09 08:08 PM
    So I just called Tmo again mentioned this site-he chuckled and my friend..he told me that no where on his end does it show its back ordered. And that it would take 2-3 weeks until that could happen because of the "huge" stock. He assured me I will get my phone on the 19
    same here
    02-16-09 08:28 PM
    My store has four in stock.

02-16-09 08:40 PM
    This thread is giving me a headache.

02-16-09 08:41 PM
    You and me both
    This thread is giving me a headache.

02-16-09 08:44 PM
    Do you work for TMO? Are the rumors true?
    My store has four in stock.

02-16-09 08:46 PM
    No I don't work for TMo butI was just up there and they had four. I saw them.

02-16-09 08:53 PM

i really hope your right, i cant go another week using my g1
    02-16-09 09:21 PM
492 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD