I love how all of these people that ordered a day after those of us, on wednesday, got their phones and we didn't... great service.
    02-16-09 03:22 PM
    Sorry, got my days all screwed up, lol, ordered on thursday and I got it friday afternoon, release was wednesday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:26 PM
    well I called again and they said they don't know when they'll get it and to wait... I asked if they could change my order to in store pick up and he said he couldn't

02-16-09 03:29 PM
    If the store has them then you should be able to pick one up from there, IMO. This is some bull!
    02-16-09 03:34 PM
    when the g1 came out, they were all saying the status was back ordered when that wasn't the case. so i wouldn't worry about it. you should still be getting it sometime soon. i paid the extra 20.00 and got it the next day.
    02-16-09 03:37 PM
    I called at 255 and was told they are not on backorder and I should be receiving mine thur the 19, I ordered it friday the 13.

Who knows

02-16-09 03:40 PM
    they should give us an even bigger rebate because of this
    02-16-09 03:43 PM
    Weird. I ordered mine online a day after the official release date (thursday of last week) and got it friday morning

02-16-09 03:51 PM
    Weird. I ordered mine online a day after the official release date (thursday of last week) and got it friday morning

lucky you, i ordered it Wednesday afternoon and still haven't gotten an alert saying it has been shipped. i called T-Mobile and they said that the phone is on backorder and that i won't be getting it for a while. This stuff always happens to me. enjoy your 8900 though
    02-16-09 03:54 PM
    this really some bulls****. I called them on the 11th, the day it came out, first thing in the morning. I was so early they told me to call back at 12 pacific time( i'm on eastern) because the phone wasnt even in the system yet. I called back like 12:45 pacific time and placed my order and even paid the extra 19.99 for the express shipping and still have not recieved my phone.I gave them a call on friday, the 13th to check on the satus since nothing was showing up in UPS and the rep told me that sometimes it ships faster than the UPS system updates. I was like but this phone was ordered on Wednesday, something should be there by now. She said she didnt know what the hold up was because and i quote " ITS NOT ON BACKORDER OR ANYTHING" and to call back on Tuesday if I hadnt got it and they would put out a trace on it. So today i go to UPS still nothing showing that it has been shipped so i called TMO and the automated voice said backorder.WTF!!! So i spoke to the rep and she said it sold out within the first two hours of release. Thats a damn lie cause I called within the first two hours. So i asked when will it be shipped she said she didnt know. I am so pissed at them!!
    02-16-09 03:56 PM
    i know how you feel. hopefully if we all complain and ***** at them for this stupid mistake we can get something more out of this, i already got my 20 dollar shipping refunded. maybe i can start working on an even bigger rebate. i also heard that since we are getting them late that we might be getting the 2nd batch without some of the bugs like the first batch. but its still bull**** on their part for selling the phone without checking the inventory.
    02-16-09 04:01 PM
    I think they underestimated the demand. There was hardly any promo for it either which is nuts. Its all word of mouth.

02-16-09 04:03 PM
    Similar experience to a few posters in here. I ordered mine online on Feb. 11th. After not receiving anything by today, I called at 3pm to check on the order status and was told by a rep that they were backordered and she gave me no expected date. I cancelled my order and managed to find a store locally that has one left. I paid with CC over the phone to assure it will be held for me and I'm picking it up at 7:30 when I get off. So excited. She (store rep) seemed eager to sell it to me outright with no extension even though I was picking up later, as opposed to getting rid of it to someone else with a service plan. Do they make more money off these types of sales?

When I ordered my G1 online, I was immediately alerted by TMobile that it was on backorder as soon as the order was submitted. I got no such alert when I ordered my 8900. I was just as disappointed as some people in here until I dug one up locally. I had to call 5 locations to find one though. Hope I don't get stuck with a returned one with existing problems.
    Last edited by p-stone; 02-16-09 at 04:16 PM.
    02-16-09 04:14 PM
    I had the supervisor also state that since I chose to order through the loyalty dept. and not the normal customer service, I was basicly at the bottom of the list. If you ask me that is bull ****. I paid 179.99 and if I knew this would happen I would have just paid the 199.99. I had called numerous amounts of time to make sure it wasn't going to be back ordered and they responded like I was crazy, saying they have never had it happen before. Look at you now Tmo I hope they get non stop calls from us happy customer's.
    02-16-09 04:18 PM
    I just called and was told of no backorder and to expect the phone no later than 2/23. I'm willing to wait, if this is a new batch sans all the problems. I don't want a wobbly keypad, chipped logos, menu button too high, screen ripples, etc. So I'm hoping for a new batch.

I had the supervisor also state that since I chose to order through the loyalty dept. and not the normal customer service, I was basicly at the bottom of the list.
    I never knew that, but I would guess Loyalty orders get priority since these are save efforts to retain the user.
    02-16-09 04:26 PM
    I ordered 2/11 via Customer Retention ($179 w/2 year contract). I received a text message the next day stating my phone order was being processed. I called today and was told they 8900 was on backorder and that they had no information regarding when I should expect it. I guess the waiting continues...
    02-16-09 04:31 PM
    I ordered 2/11 via Customer Retention ($179 w/2 year contract). I received a text message the next day stating my phone order was being processed. I called today and was told they 8900 was on backorder and that they had no information regarding when I should expect it. I guess the waiting continues...
    I'm beginning to think InZane got some good info. It seems everyone that ordered online or paid regular pricing got it fast. The rest of us that saved $20 by going thru Loyalty, are now stuck waiting. I paid $229 vs $249 for my one year contract, who knew that $20 would cause delays.
    02-16-09 04:33 PM
    Ordered Saturday morning 2/14. Called today to see if it was on backorder, Rep. said that it was not on backorder and that they're just waiting for UPS to come pick up the package. I should receive it by the 19th.
    02-16-09 04:41 PM
    I'm beginning to think InZane got some good info. It seems everyone that ordered online or paid regular pricing got it fast. The rest of us that saved $20 by going thru Loyalty, are now stuck waiting. I paid $229 vs $249 for my one year contract, who knew that $20 would cause delays.
    I paid full price with no extension and I got shafted like errrrrbody else.
    02-16-09 04:45 PM
    so maybe there are so many irritated TMO customers complaining about "this wobbly key problem" and "that loose cover" they have decided to rebrand the phone as AT&T and stop shipping them to T-Mobile.......
    02-16-09 04:45 PM
    Ok for ***** and giggle's I called back to see if there was an update for the back order status. Speaking of receiving different info everytime I call. The info I posted above was from a supervisor. After just getting off the phone now with them, this CSR told me the phone is not on BACK ORDER. It is just my account that is on back order. WTF is going on Tmo please get you're crap straight. I would have no problem if I have to wait and someone told me at first there would be a wait. But when I call and they just keep making excuse's and giving me different info that start's to get frustrating as ****.
    02-16-09 04:51 PM
    I called back but didn't give my mobile number, and was told the 8900 is on backorder as of today. So you're right, every call nets a new ans lol I'm patient to wait, so long it's the new batch of 8900s. Even if that means two weeks, because exchanging phones is a pita with T-Mobile.
    02-16-09 05:08 PM
    that sucks, i ordered mine the 11th and got it the next day
    02-16-09 05:13 PM
    fobi is lucky lol
    but like spy dude is saying, the new batch should be better, but it still shouldnt take this long
    02-16-09 05:16 PM
    just called them and they stated the phone is on backorder and it sold out the next day of release. she was like if i had paid the $20 id got it def in 3days. but since i did the regular ground shipping it takes anywhere from 5-10 days. im not tight, im just alil bummed since i expected to have it already. glad my 8320 is fine. but had i known id probably did that next day shipping. ehh
    02-16-09 05:18 PM
492 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD