Or I guess I should say cracked berry! I am so mad. I cracked the screen of my beatiful berry. What do I do now? Will verizon fix it for me? The phone is only 3 month or so old. Is it hard to fix? I am so mad! How much is the screen? If I fix it myself will I void the warranty? What should I do? DARN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:07 AM
    I think it depends how bad it is. If you have insurance on it you could probably send it in and pay $50 (I don't know if that's how much it is with Verizon, I'm on Sprint and that's how much I paid) to get a refurbished one. Thats what I did when I cracked my screen. They sent me back an 8330m. Otherwise you could buy a new phone and pay to have it activated and just discontinue using the cracked one.
    05-29-09 05:48 AM
    Which screen did you crack? Just the outside one or the actual screen on the inside?

If it's the outside one, it makes NO sense to go and pay $50.. order a new one from cnn.cn or somewhere and replace it yourself.
    05-29-09 06:14 AM
    I can't feel it from the outside so I guess its the inside one? Is it easy to do? I have to pull the phone apart right? Will that void my warranty?

05-29-09 06:25 AM
    I can't feel it from the outside so I guess its the inside one? Is it easy to do? I have to pull the phone apart right? Will that void my warranty?

Yes it will void your warranty and I would not suggest this. If you have the insurance just pay the $50 and get another one. Good luck...
    05-29-09 09:32 AM
    With sprint i just claim the phone is giving me problems (speaker is crackling and about to go, the phone keeps randomly turning off).. done it about 3 times now and sprint sends me a free refurb phone to replace my current one, they wave all the fees... Twice i have done it cause i have cracked the lens bad (did you crack the lens or screen? lens is easy, screen sucks)
    05-29-09 09:35 AM
    It's probably the screen and if the OP has insurance it is probably through Asurion as I believe they handle VZW like they do Sprint and the deductible should be $100 now. Good news is I just got my broken Curve replaced with a brand new in box Curve, bad news it's the 8330m :-(
    05-29-09 11:07 AM
    So if I change it myself it voids the warranty. So I call and make a claim and pay $100 and then they send me a refurb 8330.

05-29-09 04:00 PM
    So if I change it myself it voids the warranty. So I call and make a claim and pay $100 and then they send me a refurb 8330.

They might send you a refurb, but they also might send you a brand new in box 8330 like they did me
    05-30-09 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD