This is my situation. I currently have a BB 8310 Curve thru AT&T. Actually this is about the 20th or so handset exchanged BB I've had. Same problem with the SOS indicator and the phone locking up COMPLETELY so you have to do a battery pull. This is the first problem.

This is the 2nd problem. They've done Engineer studies and found out to my amazement, everything on AT&T's end is fine, but, EVERY other carrier in the free world has problems when I send pic messages via MMS.

Flash forward thru 8 months till now. After all these handset exchanges and NO answers, they decided it was best to send me a "comparable" model phone which was the BlackJack II (*gasp!!*). As if, right?!

So, I love my BB, but, not the weird problems. And, I will admit, I have had a few fleeting moments of fun on the BJ II.

I have both handsets here at home. My dilemma is which handset to keep? The one that works, or the one I love?? If this was a man, it would be easy! ha! Just kidding, no offense.

One suggestion from AT&T is that the new OS 4.5 W-H-E-N it comes out, might "fix" the problems.

But, I have to make a decision in the next couple of days and I can only keep one. And, if that's not enough pressure, the Warranty Exchange people told me that since they sent me a different model phone, if I send the BJ II back, and the OS 4.5 DOESN'T fix things, they will not give me any other type of phone other than the BB.

WHAT DO I DO????? Opinions needed ASAP!!

Thanking y'all in advance. You've ALWAYS helped me out.

Steph
    09-24-08 03:50 PM
    keep the curve....even though your having problems the curve is still a better device...i would keep it and see what is going on with the phone when 4.5 hits
    09-24-08 03:52 PM
    It just really depends on if that is a risk you are willing to take. I had the blackjack II for about a week and hated it. SOrry w.m. The blackberry is a very good phone. Now you did mention that they would send you another phone.. but it would be a blackberry not a different type of phone. Me personally, i would keep the blackberry and when the new os comes out make them send me a new blackberry and put the new os on that. Now as i said that i what i would do. Whats more important to you, a phone you love that doesnt work correctly at the moment or a fully functional phone???
    09-24-08 03:58 PM
    TAE: I just love you! Well, it depends. My original warranty period of 1 year will be up in the middle of November. At that time they don't send me ANYTHING any more.

So, now all this is going to be contingent on whether or not that OS 4.5 REALLY REALLY drops soon! If it's after my time frame, I'm well...screwed.

In the mean time, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out this dang email on this BJ. All these folders, 10 minute cycles, and now they're telling me I'll have to BUY a subscription to yahoo because you can't use it for free on the BJ and that's why it keeps kicking out my emails!!!!
    09-24-08 04:04 PM
    Yuh.. the only way to check your email on the blackjack for free is to actually go to the yahoo website. or you can download yahoo beta, but they dont support html email like the new os on blackberry does. And about the os dropping. I have faith that it will drop before november. Try the beta version and see if it fixes your problem If you mess up you alwasy have the blackjack lol.. Send the bb back..
    09-24-08 04:10 PM
    I'd ask them to keep sending you devices. Hate the Blackjack. It seems you're just getting bad devices...I've had mine since July with no problems!

MMS messages are just messy in general...sometimes they send and never get received and other times they don't...it's a pain. I just keep trying to flip all my friends to BB so I don't have to deal with MMS anymore!

I'd try a stable beta too...if it fixes things then you know you're okay.
    09-24-08 04:16 PM
    maybe it's a program that you're running on your bb that keeps messing things up. Are you running same apps on the blackjack? no problems via blackjack? I say download 4.5 and keep the curve. A curve with issues is better than no curve at all!!
    09-24-08 04:21 PM
    Thank you so much for the advice. I'm on the phone with AT&T changing my data plan back to the BB pda.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive to have these things! I'm paying $59.99 for my minutes, and $45 for the pda/message part!
    09-24-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD