I bought a sprint 8530 on ebay unlocked it and trying now to flash it to metro pcs using qpst I dl'd the prl from corolada.com open it with qpst and 'write to phone' after that the phone restarts and when it powers back up *228 fails but 611 still connects me to sprint Anyone can help? Thanks in advance
    06-07-10 08:37 PM
    I bought a sprint 8530 on ebay unlocked it and trying now to flash it to metro pcs using qpst I dl'd the prl from corolada.com open it with qpst and 'write to phone' after that the phone restarts and when it powers back up *228 fails but 611 still connects me to sprint Anyone can help? Thanks in advance
    I may be mistaken, but you can't flash it to metro pcs New York.
    The reason is that dual-band PCS phones aren't offered in the New York market [yet]. Just see their map and click "dual-band PCS only" (a CDMA blackberry is dual-band only): MetroPCS | Coverage
    06-08-10 10:06 AM
    According to that map NY falls into their "Extended Home Area" where talk and text are available That's good enough for me I guess since it's a wifi phone I can still get the web on wifi Problem is I've been unsuccessful flashing with the prl's that I got on corolada.com/prl The prl's are listed in 2 categories EVDO and Non-EVDO Which is Blackberry 8530? I've tried all the prl's both EVDO and Non-EVDO but nothing works Maybe this has to do with changing the phone number on the phone because it still has the old Sprint users phone number?

Unlimited Talk & Text Available. Web, Email, & Multimedia available in some areas. Access to this coverage is included in all Rate Plans.
    See RATE PLANS for details.
    In some Extended Home Areas (MS, SW TN, lower AL, FL panhandle) the Extended Home Areas service is currently not available on Dual-Band (PCS) only handsets (ex. Blackberry Curve). See ‘Know Your Phone’ on the left column.
    06-08-10 11:50 AM
    The prl's are listed in 2 categories EVDO and Non-EVDO Which is Blackberry 8530? ?
    If I'm not mistaken, the 8530 is EVDO. Someone with more knowledge than I have might want to double check that.
    06-09-10 04:22 PM
    According to that map NY falls into their "Extended Home Area" where talk and text are available That's good enough for me I guess since it's a wifi phone I can still get the web on wifi Problem is I've been unsuccessful flashing with the prl's that I got on corolada.com/prl The prl's are listed in 2 categories EVDO and Non-EVDO Which is Blackberry 8530? I've tried all the prl's both EVDO and Non-EVDO but nothing works Maybe this has to do with changing the phone number on the phone because it still has the old Sprint users phone number?
    no look closely. It actually falls under "travel talk" only.
    You need to click the "dual-band only" button.
    06-09-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD