I have not used this site much so if im doing something wrong sorry
    I have used the 8310 and loved it I bought a 8900 on the 15th and have had the battery to go all the way down twice and i am 35% into the next charge It is Wed the 18th should I consider this a problem or a normality for this device. please I need some advice.. I have checked the things running in the background unless Im not checking right, and I have turned everything down.. detailed help would be great. thanks
    08-19-09 02:50 PM
    There's not enough information here to determine how long your charge cycles are lasting. If you can provide that for us, then that would be great.

What I can tell you is that it is important to not let your battery get low since it is a Li-Ion battery and you should charge it early and often. Generally the battery will last you between 1 and 2 days, depending on how you are using the device. Be sure that you use the stand-by functionality on your device every time you are not using it for the best overall battery life.
    08-19-09 02:55 PM
    I have used the 8310 and loved it I bought a 8900 on the 15th and have had the battery to go all the way down twice and i am 35% into the next charge It is Wed the 18th should I consider this a problem or a normality for this device. please I need some advice.. I have checked the things running in the background unless Im not checking right, and I have turned everything down.. detailed help would be great. thanks
    The typical 8900 battery life is around 24 hours. If 'standby' is used properly, you can squeeze a little more than that but with heavy users such as myself, I get maybe 12 hours out of a full charge.
    08-19-09 02:56 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I charge mine every night. It doesn't necessary need that but it isn't likely to last as long as what you may be used to. Just get into the habit of plugging it in every night and all is good.
    08-19-09 03:01 PM
    Charging it every night is ideally what you want to do. I use a charging cradle and put it next to my bed to charge every night. It makes a great clock as well while charging.
    08-19-09 03:03 PM
    I am not sure what OS you are using. My battery life improved alot when I upgraded from the OS out of the box. You may give that a try and see if it helps.
    08-19-09 03:08 PM
    Sorry to hear about your battery troubles. I had similar problems when I first got my 8900 too. All of my problems were solved by upgrading to the .250 OS.

We don't know what OS you are using but if your carrier is T-Mobile and you are using their old OS, I can pretty much guarantee you that is the problem. There is a .250 upgrade thread in this forum, you may wish to look into that.

Don't give up. The 8900 is simply the best BB and the best cell phone ever made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:31 PM
    I am not sure what OS you are using. My battery life improved alot when I upgraded from the OS out of the box. You may give that a try and see if it helps.
    Exactly.

08-19-09 03:33 PM
    Sounds to me like the OP is getting more than a day out of a charge... for the 8900 that is good.... I am a heavy user and mine will last around 24 hours now.... my GF's 8900 last a few days... but we usually charge it every night....mine is my clock too!!
    08-19-09 03:34 PM
    Please don't suggest that new users upgrade the OS right away.... Most people should get used to the device first...
    08-19-09 03:34 PM
    Yes, new users have no business upgrading the OS on their device. Besides, in this case, the AT&T 8900 ships with OS .231 and there is no significant different between that and .250. There's no need to upgrade in this case.
    08-19-09 05:02 PM
    Yes, new users have no business upgrading the OS on their device. Besides, in this case, the AT&T 8900 ships with OS .231 and there is no significant different between that and .250. There's no need to upgrade in this case.
    Please don't suggest that new users upgrade the OS right away.... Most people should get used to the device first...
    Agree 110%. New BB users have no business attempting an OS upgrade before they get completely comfortable with their phone first.

That should be a sticky!
    08-19-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD