well, obviously this isnt confirmed, but i know a lot of people are having trouble with their blackberrys rebooting. I want to be as much help as possible so here's what i've noticed.
    the first time my blackberry rebooted, it had 2 third party applications on it: Facebook and Amazon. Both of these were constantly sending and recieving information from the internet. i wiped my phone and decided not to put the two back on.
    I'll just skip to the part that matters. After a week or so, it happened again, without the applications installed. I was surfing(if you can call it that) on the internet with my blackberry, while hooked up to a wifi connection. so after my computer pooped its pants, it began to have reboot diarrhea for a while after.
    My take on this is that once your blackberry reboots once, it will reboot again, and it always seems that the first time is when a lot of data is being sent back and forth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 08:22 AM
    Ill bite first..........I had an 8900 and it only rebooted once on me....it was when my media card crashed....I tried reformatting and no go....anytime I opened mass storage mode on prompt it would immeditaly crash....so i would say theres no rhyme or reason to it
    08-12-09 08:25 AM
    Not sure, but if you exit each app properly there should be only 5 apps running on your device that are part of your OS (Browser, Call Log, Home Screen, Messages, and Messenger)... there should be no other apps except these 5 running if you are closing your apps properly.

You can check by holding down the Menu button for a couple seconds and the app switcher comes up that you can scroll left and right to see what apps are running.

Another thing that is good to do with your device is to keep an eye on your free file space - Alt+Right Shift+H

And you should perform a Battery Pull about once every week or two... leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put the battery back in, wait for your device to boot up.
    08-12-09 08:30 AM
    Mine reboots each time I run Tetherberry.

08-12-09 08:33 AM
    The phone definitely does not reboot just because there is a lot of data coming through to it. If that were true, my 8900 would restart multiple times a day. In reality, my 8900 rarely reboots. It is a good idea to do a battery pull right after any theme or app is installed. I would think, more likely than not, the issues arise when users install things and then fail to do the battery pull after that.
    08-12-09 11:42 AM
    My 1st handset used to reboot everytime I used bb browser, but only when the media card was inserted, remove the card and all was fine. I tried other cards & diff OS's but still the same problem, Opera was perfect, only rebooted when using default browser. I exchanged my handset and this one is problem free.

Try removing your media card and see if the reboots stop.

08-12-09 01:27 PM
    My 1st handset used to reboot everytime I used bb browser, but only when the media card was inserted, remove the card and all was fine. I tried other cards & diff OS's but still the same problem, Opera was perfect, only rebooted when using default browser. I exchanged my handset and this one is problem free.

Try removing your media card and see if the reboots stop.

Now that's just crazy. It's beginning to sound like this ridiculous application I have at work. Next thing youknow, I'll have to re-boot standing on my right foot. Still, all of these things are good to remember should I find myself with the same issue.
    08-12-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD