So, after going back and forth about the decision to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5, and seeing ALL the issues that others had, I finally decided to make the switch into adulthood, and go with the 4.5 upgrade.....it's the best thing I've done all month

I'm loving it..I read all the threads, followed all the directions to a TEE, read some of the issues others had in case they occurred with me, and finally took the jump. It took about an hour, I've tested every feature, music, camera, docs2go, volume, etc..and everything is working fine. Thanks for everyone's posts, advice and suggestions. This site rocks!
    08-24-08 10:03 PM
    Congrats! This site does rock!
    08-24-08 10:05 PM
    Nothing to fear but fear itself.

You're never alone with a Crackberry Phone
    08-24-08 10:10 PM
    which version of os 4.5 did you use cuz i have the same apprehensions but really want to do it
    08-24-08 10:14 PM
    which version of os 4.5 did you use cuz i have the same apprehensions but really want to do it
    I know I studied all the documentation for like 2.5 weeks because I didn't want to mess up my curve. Check out the link to the 8310 or for your specific device, 8700. I'm w/ATT, and I used this link....

Updateservice

If you go to the first post in the forum for your device (8700), it'll have the link and info attached. Good luck and if you have any trouble, ask on cb. Everyone here is so helpful. Let me know if you have more questions
    08-24-08 10:28 PM
    Glad you did your research first. Makes the upgrade go smoothly. Congrats on the upgrade.
    08-24-08 10:28 PM
    I know I studied all the documentation for like 2.5 weeks because I didn't want to mess up my curve. Check out the link to the 8310 or for your specific device, 8700. I'm w/ATT, and I used this link....

Updateservice

If you go to the first post in the forum for your device (8700), it'll have the link and info attached. Good luck and if you have any trouble, ask on cb. Everyone here is so helpful. Let me know if you have more questions
    no i have already upgraded my 8700 to 4.5 i am looking to upgrade both my curves i was wondering which build of 4.5 for the curve did you use
    08-25-08 11:17 AM
    I would like to second this I upgraded last week to 4.5.0.56 on my 8130 and without this site I would not have even known about the upgrade, nevermind how to do it. Whenever I have a problem you crackheads always seem to have an answer. And btw I have sprint so by the time sprint has 4.5 everyone will be talking about 5.0. If antune out there is thinking about upgrading make sure to read and follow all directions, and there will be no problem. All my apps work fine and some even work better. Thanks you guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 01:38 PM
    no i have already upgraded my 8700 to 4.5 i am looking to upgrade both my curves i was wondering which build of 4.5 for the curve did you use
    Sorry, reading too fast I used the link in the above post "Update Service",
    Updateservice
    Once on that site, I used the 8310 link, and the desktop mgr link. I copied the exact links below. Let me know if you have more questions.
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    f�r BlackBerry Ger�te
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager f�r Windows 2000/XP/Vista - Version 4.5
    enth�lt Roxio Medienmanager
    online seit 24-07-2008 - Download (276 MB | exe)

BlackBerry Firmware
    Firmware f�r BlackBerry 8310 - Version 4.5.0.55
    online seit 23-07-2008 - Download (77 MB | exe)
    08-25-08 02:51 PM
    I would like to second this I upgraded last week to 4.5.0.56 on my 8130 and without this site I would not have even known about the upgrade, nevermind how to do it. Whenever I have a problem you crackheads always seem to have an answer. And btw I have sprint so by the time sprint has 4.5 everyone will be talking about 5.0. If antune out there is thinking about upgrading make sure to read and follow all directions, and there will be no problem. All my apps work fine and some even work better. Thanks you guys.

Welcome to 4.5! I don't know about you, but for ATT, we don't have wifi, or some other features that the other carriers have. I think there is a BIG difference in the versions, and I'm loving my curve even more.
    08-25-08 02:53 PM
    CONGRATS...!...U JUST VOIDED UR WARRENTY...MY SUGGESTION YOU GO BAC NOW BEFORE UR PHONE GETS BROKE AND U SEND IT IN, AND THEY WONT FIX IT BECAUSE U UPGRADED WITH A NON-''LEGIT'' UPGRADE...happened 2 me
    08-25-08 05:46 PM
    CONGRATS...!...U JUST VOIDED UR WARRENTY...MY SUGGESTION YOU GO BAC NOW BEFORE UR PHONE GETS BROKE AND U SEND IT IN, AND THEY WONT FIX IT BECAUSE U UPGRADED WITH A NON-''LEGIT'' UPGRADE...happened 2 me
    I really wouldn't pay much attention to this post. Technically he is correct although 90-95% of possible problems that could occur we can help you fix. Do NOT let this poster scare you. There are ALOT of members on here that have been running 4.5 betas since the first one hit. No worries.
    08-25-08 05:51 PM
    Congrats, to you, because you just SHOUTED and acted like a fool

I personally commend the OP for researching and getting through the upgrade on their own, and not jumping into it without any knowledge... then running into problems! That happens way too often on CB and I am glad to see that someone did their research and used the resources provided here to successfully upgrade.

And, most people know that having a Beta OS voids their warranty... so there was no need to be smart about it. And, you are not the brightest to send your device in with the Beta OS still loaded on it.

I really wouldn't pay much attention to this post. Technically he is correct although 90-95% of possible problems that could occur we can help you fix. Do NOT let this poster scare you. There are ALOT of members on here that have been running 4.5 betas since the first one hit. No worries.
    Exactly
    08-25-08 05:56 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.69 about 3 weeks ago and last week my 8310 developed a keyboard problem. Called 611 and they went thru their attempts to fix the problem and they referred to to warranty Returns, the person in warranty recommended that I take my bb to the service center in Austin and get them to replace it as it would be much faster. Went to the service center, verified my rma number and explained the problem and they exchanged my phone. I was talking with the tech and ask him if it made any difference that I had upgraded to 4.5, he said it made no difference as the first thing they do is wipe the phone and utilize their programs to analyze the problem. Version 4.5 is without a doubt worth the time to upgrade, stable, and video works, docstogo, etc. Go for it.
    08-25-08 05:58 PM
    I'll put in my thanks to CB also!
    I was really unsure about the upgrade but with the clear, concise directions I now have 4.5. The instructions were so simple to follow that I have now updated the three other Curves in our family.
    Thanks Garz, Bmmclure, Crucial and the whole CrackBerry community.
    08-25-08 06:03 PM
    congrats on upgrading to OS 4.5...it makes a BIG difference compared to 4.2..enjoy!!
    08-25-08 06:28 PM
    There is a lot of stuff I understand but this is not one of them. The OP upgraded to 4.5.0.55 official and provided links in this thread to obtain said official release therefore making it not a BETA release. So why would this void your warranty?

BTW , congratulations on your successful upgrade!!!

08-25-08 06:47 PM
    Thanks, Crucial. At least I don't have an iphone, where there is no insurance in the event of anything happening to it. I'm happy with my decision
    08-25-08 10:46 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.69 about 3 weeks ago and last week my 8310 developed a keyboard problem. Called 611 and they went thru their attempts to fix the problem and they referred to to warranty Returns, the person in warranty recommended that I take my bb to the service center in Austin and get them to replace it as it would be much faster. Went to the service center, verified my rma number and explained the problem and they exchanged my phone. I was talking with the tech and ask him if it made any difference that I had upgraded to 4.5, he said it made no difference as the first thing they do is wipe the phone and utilize their programs to analyze the problem. Version 4.5 is without a doubt worth the time to upgrade, stable, and video works, docstogo, etc. Go for it.
    Thanks, I agree with you and happy with the decision I made. You can't live life stuck in a bubble afraid to take a chance...and I didn't say I upgraded to the version that's not posted (is it 4.69?)...so I'm good. Thanks for the info though..good to know.
    08-25-08 10:49 PM
    great you made the jump i was nervous at first but i just took the leap lol glad i did
    08-26-08 06:28 AM
    I upgraded mine for the first time 3wks ago and love it... best risk I'd ever taken lol and glad I did.
    08-26-08 07:12 AM
    Good for you! the others are right, take your time, look at the info available, follow the instructions and you'll be fine. And if there are any problems. Stay calm and ask for help. Were here waiting to help. We love to figure problems out.

08-26-08 07:39 AM
    Nice to see another successful upgrade... did you have any themes, or other software loaded on your BB Curve?
    08-26-08 07:53 AM
    i'm about to do this too...i have a brand new curve coming from at&t and i want to make the move to 4.5 as well. i have read the same threads about doing the upgrade and it seems pretty straight forward. other than the docs to go and email perks....what are some of the other benefits to doing this upgrade?

has the device speed overall gotten better? battery life increased? i'd just like to hear about some of the things you notice have gotten better after doing the upgrade...

glad to hear all is well
    08-26-08 09:14 AM
    I'm still a scaredy-cat to upgrade ... maybe one day
    08-26-08 09:21 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD