hey guys .. i have a question .. performance wise which phone is better the 8900 or the tour ... i have the 8900 for tmobile and i never had a problem with it or them ... my employer is making me have a tour with sprint ... whats the major overall difference besides you know 3g, and the wifi .. ALSO IS SPRINT A GOOD CARRIER NEVER HAD EM'?
    09-01-09 09:59 AM
    3G is over rated. You're not launching space shuttles from your phone.

Sprint has a pretty bad reputation.

TMO rocks.
    09-01-09 10:01 AM
    tons of info in this forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f119/ on reviews/comparisons of different phones.

tons of info in this forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/ on sprint.
    09-01-09 10:02 AM
    thanks guys i'll check em out and jeez i just got off with sprint ... they were RUDE telling me i had to give all my info 1st then they can help me .. B@$t@rds!
    09-01-09 10:16 AM
    8900 is probably the best phone I've ever had. Lack of 3g is only noticable when downloading larger files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 10:17 AM
    8900 has wifi on it too. So that's not a difference. Mostly it's the 3g.
    09-01-09 11:44 AM
    hey guys .. i have a question .. performance wise which phone is better the 8900 or the tour ... i have the 8900 for tmobile and i never had a problem with it or them ... my employer is making me have a tour with sprint ... whats the major overall difference besides you know 3g, and the wifi .. ALSO IS SPRINT A GOOD CARRIER NEVER HAD EM'?
    The Tour is intended to be primarily used on a CDMA network while the 8900 is a GSM phone. They are comparable devices and both are great BlackBerrys.

Your real question should be carrier related. Sprint generally gets very poor consumer ratings and T-Mobile generally gets very good ratings. All carriers have areas where they are strong and weak. You may wish to look into how Sprint works in your area. Hopefully they'll have decent service for you.

09-01-09 12:19 PM
    3G is over rated. You're not launching space shuttles from your phone.

Sprint has a pretty bad reputation.

TMO rocks.
    I couldnt agree more on all 3 ........lol.....space shuttles?...lmao
    09-01-09 12:56 PM
    Wanna cuddle? Sorry. Drunk again.
    09-01-09 01:08 PM
    As long as you don't live in Los Angeles then I guess you're fine with T-Mobile.

I hate talking on the phone here to anyone who uses T-Mobile. Some of their
    worst coverage is in the L.A. area. But I do see you're at the center of the
    universe in New York so I'm assuming TMO is good there.
    09-01-09 01:12 PM
    ahh yes its excellent service here yea i've done my research and according to every one SPRINT SUCKS
    09-01-09 01:16 PM
    tmo is cutting edge.....the first US carrier to release a android device....the only one allowing UMA calling....THE best prices......and still expanding there network.....
    09-01-09 08:03 PM
    I agree TMO just blows here in LA. Awful coverage, good customer service.

09-01-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD