Let me try to explain: let's say I take 10 picture and then delete them. Well, the next one that I take will be like 000011.jpg (or whatever), even though it is the only one on my device. Is there a way to reset that counter or will it always keep track of every photo and video I've ever taken?

THANK YOU!!!!

P.S. On a different but somewhat related note, is there a way to permanently set my settings so that everything is saved to my memory card? Even though it prompted me to "save all future media" on my memory card -- and I hit yes -- whenever I closed out of the camera and went back into it, it started saving to my device memory again. Even going to camera > options and setting it that way doesn't stick... Any ideas?
    Last edited by CaraP; 02-03-09 at 03:18 PM.
    02-03-09 03:16 PM
    You should. Be able to select it to save to ur memory card, and it should by default start to save media and pics to memory card..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    The camera will reuse file names that have been deleted. If you delete everything, it starts with 00001. If you delete 00005 but keep 01 thru 10, the next picture you take will be 00005, then it will go to 00011.

If it's not saving the option to send them to the card, open the camera, press the menu button and select Options. Change the setting, then change it back to On Media Card, press the menu button and pick Save.
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    Same issues. Now I'm at pic #1457 and it is a pain. As for the media card, If you select the media card, go down, select or create a new folder....the device shows that it is being stored in device memory...but it is really on the memory card.

I upgraded to the new os right before a big project (with 1300+ pictures) and it almost cost me a contract. Now I have old pictures stored in new pictures, duplicate files with different pics. They need to fix this one.
    03-03-09 12:10 AM
    Thanks Max69. That info was what I was looking for too.
    03-03-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD