Don't get my wrong, I really do enjoy my 8900 through Rogers. I seriously have not had one dropped call, and I rather enjoy making phone calls when in the middle of the local Wal-Mart Super Huge Mall. I do, however, miss the touch screen that my Palm Treo (Can't recall the number ATM - I'll edit if I remember later) had prior to my dunking it in salt water, but I certainly do miss even more all the things I was able to GET for the phone and have run on the phone with little to no fuss. I'm not saying that the 8900 is a fussy device - downloading and installing apps is a breeze.

I feel left out in that reading the RSS feeds for the blogs for ALL the phones from this site that there is really not too much going on for this 8900 thats `new` and `exciting` past a month after the phones release. There was a lot of talk about how `pretty` the UI was, and its capabilities,

Sure theres the blackberry store thingy, but that has bugs and has locked my phone a few times... I really do hope that they expand the selection. But even those apps seem far and few between good applications, regardless of my personal interest perview.

I know blackberry devices aren't really made for gaming, and they're essentially a business tool instead of a recreational device. I maybe just expected a bit too much with all the hype of the 8900 being released that eventually I'd be loading up the 2gig card with apps and games, but, well.... I dunno. Just the "emotion" of the software is different between the BB and my Treo.

Anyone know what I mean???
    08-14-09 06:07 PM
    No, the 8900 is awesome. Have no idea what you mean.
    08-14-09 06:10 PM
    The 8900 is a great device. BlackBerrys have never been gaming devices and they probably never will be. To be honest, there's never been really that many apps until this app explosion early this year and it started late last year. Slacker, Pandora, Evernote and Shazam were the notable BB apps when they started coming this year. Then there were good Twitter apps (SocialScope, UberTwitter) and a Facebook application that wasn't a complete joke.
    08-14-09 06:17 PM
    I'm stumped as well... what is your issue???

This phone does everything a good phone does, and it does everything a good PDA does... plus I can use it to count my calorie intake, twitter, facebook, weather, maps, surf the web and many other things.... all on a mobile device... I'm happy.
    08-14-09 06:20 PM
    Maybe he is unhappy with the device because it is too stable?
    08-14-09 06:23 PM
    Get an iphone if you are unhappy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:27 PM
    No, the 8900 is awesome. Have no idea what you mean.
    +1. Nuff said.
    08-14-09 06:31 PM
    Sounds like you would have been happier with a more basic phone and a PSP. The BB's have never been marketed as gaming devices.
    08-14-09 06:34 PM
    simple and plain: you keep 8900 and buy PSP or itouch for gaming..
    08-14-09 06:39 PM
    I too am confused. I had a Treo 750w and a Treo 650 before that. Missed the touch screen at first, but I have found the Curve 8310 that I just upgraded from and this 8900 to be far more stable then either Treo was. It's much easier to load apps and the os is superior to the Palm os.

08-14-09 06:42 PM
    +1. Nuff said.
    I stole this from a CB member here a while ago and I for the life of me can't remember who but I felt it was very appropriate for this moment....

Attachment 34879

Dude, what are you talking about??
    08-14-09 06:58 PM
    I stole this from a CB member here a while ago and I for the life of me can't remember who but I felt it was very appropriate for this moment....

Attachment 34879

Dude, what are you talking about??
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, nice!!
    08-14-09 07:04 PM
    It takes awile to geyt used to but it will happen enjoy and bond with the BB. Maybe you need a diffrent model. Just don't do the Storm its not the touch like the Palm.

08-15-09 12:37 AM
    Get an iphone if you are unhappy

thats what i was gonna say,..........

the only thing that gets me upset is that certian free apps for the iphone are not free for my 8900 (ex. shazam)

other than that keep your fancy GUI

the first reason i swicthed from my iphone to my 8900 was the day i went into a timmys and there was a bunch of 10 year olds at a table, all with iphones saying "look what i can do!!"
    08-15-09 12:40 PM
    Well get a storm2 when its released if you need to touch. I find it to be a very well rounded device and I'm pretty much writing and listening to music as well as watching movies and surfing the web all day without missing a phone call or an email. I play texas hold em frequently and I'm working my way around to chess. Too many times am I interrupted for business purposes anyways! I hope you grow to like it though and if not there are many blackberry alternatives and more compatible apps on their way!

08-15-09 12:57 PM
    All very interesting replies. I enjoy the phone as well, don't get me wrong. I just feel that there is something missing from it. I see all the attention the other phones have had, with new OS releases, backgrounds, applications that aren't meant to work with the 8900, etc. The Blackberry store is indeed full of software, but theres really nothing in there that sparked my interest, be it for games, system utilities, etc. With the Palm I had a file manager that worked great. Managed the Palm software on the devices, as well as on the expansion card, all without a PC. The 8900, I have found a manager, sort of, out of the media services, but, its not exactly the easiest to navigate to manage stuff.

As for the post near the top about the social apps... I don't even use those on my PC, so zero chance I'll be using them on my phone.

The games, I recognize shouldn't be used on a business tool. Quality of the calls is wonderful, as it was on my Treo 650 (Thanks for reminding me!), never a dropped call on either phone, the construction is excellent and feels comfortable. Lately, the phone has been used for texts, a phone call or two, and an e-reader. $600 seems a bit sufficating for that. BUT, I wasn't going to go with the 12 digit key-pad with texting, and Palm put out the new phone months after I got the BB so I couldn't even do an in-hand comparison.

I guess I'm going to be dealing with the feeling SOMETHING is missing from this phone. Still can't put my finger on it. I don't know what it is.

I've seen the iPhone, and I'm not all that impressed with it. With the BS thats going on with Apple and how they're managing the store, I don't need that kind of headache.
    08-16-09 02:57 AM
    he reminds me of a friend of mine who's still thinking of the crappy palm pilot he had in 1998..... increadible!!!!!
    buddy.... ur holding the best product, from the best manufacturer...... if u wanna play, get a gameboy, my children love it
    08-16-09 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD