I have finally done it. I used just two programs (DVD shrink 3.2) and (Blackberry video); Blackberry video can be found on this web site in one of the other forum topics. As for DVD shrink I not so sure were to get that program from.

Step1�Open DVD shrink, click edit, then select preferences, a window should come up with several tabs. Select Output files and remove the checkmark next to split VOB files into 1GB size chunks (even though it says it is recommended)

Step2�Put your DVD in your DVD drive and select the open Icon in DVD shrink; wait for the DVD shrink to open your disc. There will then be a selection screen to the right (I always unselect all other languages except English to save space). After you are done selecting what things you want to be ripped, select the Backup! Icon at the top of DVD shrink. Decide were you want your files to go and make sure that the files are being saved as HD (harddrive files) the following steps will not work if you select ISO files. Click the Ok and wait for DVD shrink to finish.

Step3�Next open blackberry video and select the input tab, then click file open button find where DVD shrink had previously dropped the files for your DVD. Then select the file that is 3 gigabytes or larger, it is usually a file that is labeled VTS_01_1.

Step4�Now select the Video tab and select choose a custom size Enter 320 in width box, and 240 in height box for blackberry 8300. This will make the video full screen in blackberry curve.

Step5�Finally select Save and Encode tab, click the save to button and select where you want the �ready for blackberry video� to be sent too do not change the name of the file it will mess up and the video will not be playable. Click the Convert my video button and let the command text scroll on your screen until the screen stops (this can take quite some time, best to leave and come back) and will tell you where your video was saved too. Follow the instructions on the screen to close the command text it will warn you if it tries to close the command text too early it will not work. As long as the text has stopped on the black screen you should be ok.

Put it on your phone: connect your Curve to your computer (enable storage mode) and drag and drop the video file onto your device.

Enjoy,

Any questions feel free to ask!!!
    12-03-07 01:48 PM
    Hey thanks " mainstang" I use the both of them as well. However I feel as I get lucky sometimes and sometimes I don't. I can definitely use this method.
    12-03-07 03:59 PM
    I havent gotten my curve it but I frequently use dvd shrink and I can comment about the program.

dvd shrink cuts down the quality just a tad from ~8gb down to ~4gb, but the quality is still very much viewable. One thing many people should know when using dvd shrink and some dvd movies are that they have some sort of encoding to prevent user to shrink the movie (like an anti-pirating code). When this happens, it usually says something like cannot read root file or some sort of error.

To solve this problem, you have to download "DVD Decrypter." It is essentially the same program as dvd shrink, but instead shrinking, it decrypts the whole ~8gb dvd, instead of ~4gb. After it finishes decrypting, you can open it through dvd shrink.

btw: user should probably have at least I would say ~10gb of free space in hard drive. Also, dvd shrink usually takes about 30-40 minutes to shrink the dvd to computer. not sure about blackberry video.

hope this helps.

I'll try to this out when I get my blackberry this wednesday.
    Last edited by silver; 12-03-07 at 04:32 PM.
    12-03-07 04:28 PM
    Thanks for good information
    12-07-07 10:28 PM
    I tried using this method, but it seems a little confusing to me. lol

I used "Plato DVD Ripper" ripped from DVD or file. When done, use any converter to convert to mp4 format. It's very quite simple imo.
    12-07-07 10:49 PM
    Thanks mainstang. I've been trying some other free programs but only your method worked.
    12-07-07 10:49 PM
    Im just trying to he helpful please delete if this is unapropriate

Ultimate DVD and Video Converter Suite 7.02

Download:

pm me for link to dl this program

one program converts dvd to ply on your phone
    12-08-07 02:31 PM
    or just use PSP Video 9 it converts it to the same format necessary to use with BB & you can make the file smaller by cuttin corners on quality which to be honest you can barely even tell u did it..

so download pspvideo 9 n then download your movies off of the internet to just upload n rip your own movies then send through psp video 9. if u need anyhelp just msg me via Blackberry messenger.
    12-08-07 04:45 PM
    with Ultimate DVD and Video Converter Suite 7.0 i converted nacho libre dvd to my bb
    12-08-07 06:41 PM
    Thats good info....
    12-09-07 01:17 PM
    What do you do when you get the message that this file type is unsupported and there is an error loading? Please help.
    12-14-07 02:33 PM
    I should add that I used Mainstang's method, my 8830 is two weeks old and I have a 2 gig card.
    12-14-07 02:35 PM
    I just spent three days trying different trial versions to put dvd movies on my curve and i finally figured it out yesterday.....DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone.....was the easiest way to do it.....cost me $29.00 online, but was worth it. I ripped an entire movie (213mb) in about 40mins.....just put your movie in your computer, open DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone, and follow the steps. It will put the movie on your desktop. Connect your BB to your computer, open Windows Explorer, and drag the movie to your BB videos file, thats it!!! Make sure you set your BB Media card (under options) to "enable Mass storage mode when connected" (yes) so your computer can show your BB as a drive: in My Computer. Good Luck!

P.S. BB Curve (8320) will play mp4 and 3gp videos
    03-23-08 08:04 AM
    IMG BURN is the follow-on to DVD Decryptor. I haven't used IMG BURN for movies to put on my Curve, but it was great for burning DVD's.
    03-23-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD