Just wondering what does "ES" mean? When ever I type a message or just type in general I see this "ES" thing now...I think I accidentally pressed a combo of keys to get it..how do i remove it?

Like I can type normally but I get an "ES" on the right of the screen. Even if I go to num lock "123" as soon as I get out of that I get the "ES" again...Help!?
    02-16-09 12:33 PM
    I think you're going to have to post a screen shot for us. You can download CaptureIt or CrackMem, both free to take screen shots of your device.
    02-16-09 01:18 PM
    Just wondering what does "ES" mean? When ever I type a message or just type in general I see this "ES" thing now...I think I accidentally pressed a combo of keys to get it..how do i remove it?

Like I can type normally but I get an "ES" on the right of the screen. Even if I go to num lock "123" as soon as I get out of that I get the "ES" again...Help!?
    ES stands for spanish word correction.

Use alt and enter to change language.

Succes,

Maro
    02-16-09 01:47 PM
    Im pressing alt and enter but its still there? Help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 01:51 PM
    AH, there you go ... Thanks MaroMacs!
    02-16-09 01:52 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I must have accidentally pressed alt enter or something. I noticed something was wrong when almost all of my words were being underlined as incorrectly spelled. When I clicked for the suggested corrections, all of the words were in Spanish!

Anyway, the way I fixed it was to change:

Options -> Language -> Input Language

...from Spanish to English.

Alt-enter may do it too but I couldn't figure it out.
    02-16-09 03:26 PM
    I love this forum, the most obscure questions can be answered. Good info.
    02-16-09 03:50 PM
    your welcome
    02-16-09 03:55 PM
    Thanks northstar7 but are you supposed to have "EN" on the top right corner of the screen when you normally type? Cuz I don't remember it being their b4.....is there a way to remove it?

02-16-09 05:46 PM
    I haven't figured out how to get rid of the EN either.

Someone else posted about the same problem yesterday on an 8900. I looked and the Bold has the same problem. It appears that a wipe is required to get rid of it.

"8900 EN Issue"

Bold EN Issue Thread
    02-17-09 08:48 AM
    i am having this same problem, and i really want to get rid of the EN!
    02-17-09 06:40 PM
    Hey guys I figured it out go to Options -> Language -> Input Language. Then where it says Language I'd you simply press HIDE

03-03-10 12:47 AM
    this topic is definitely in the top 5 most posted topics ever.

and MagicNN's solution is what i think is best.
    03-03-10 01:24 AM
    Sorry I reposted what you said..I'm new to crackberry lol. I'm not a blackberry genius I just got really frustrated with the problem so I searched in the best place to look..the phone itself lol. I usually change settings to see if they solve the problem and if not I just switch them back..I hope I helped you all

03-03-10 08:27 PM
    For those who want to get rid of EN of ES (Espanol?) OS 5.0 has an option to disable it. Go to Options and Language and Text Input. On the bottom there's Language ID and change it to Hide or Automatic.
    03-03-10 08:44 PM
    You can simply go to Options>Language>Display Icon>Hide.

After that you can get rid of right corner icon
    04-10-13 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD