I found a blackberry in the middle of a University car park, works perfectly, little scratches here and their, nothing a new housing cant sort out, used my sim in their, got a data plan, can use ever service EXCEPT make/recieve calls and texts.

Not really planning on to sell, and I know an IMEI change is out of the window as im not willing to spend 4 years in the click just to unblock a phone...

on the other hand...is their anything I can say to my carrier, I rang them up once saying I found it, It had the sim in and everything, it was already reported lost, NOT STOLEN. They said I could keep it or chuck it away as its dead as they are not allowed to give away the contact details of the person who lost it.

What can I do to get it working? Im sure someone can come up with something in this forum to get it unbarred from O2. Ive been researching how some people have been buying blackllisted phones from eBay and had it unblocked due to being victims of fraud ...Not sure this would help in my favour and im not willing to give it ago...

Cant i say anything else? I know its a stupid thread, well not stupid but pointless, but atleast it will get your heads thinking on what can be said as im not the brightest match in the box...

TIA!!
    05-30-10 01:37 PM
    You might be able to use it for OS testing or as a paper weight. Once the PIN is blocked not much you can do with it.
    05-30-10 01:41 PM
    Cheers boss, Decided im going to take it to CEX as they buy dead/barred phones, and for 65squid cant go wrong, alongside a Nokia5800 which would be sold for 55, Looking on buying a B+ condition curve 8520. Good idea? or shall I get another model...
    05-30-10 01:44 PM
    I would not look at the 8520, I would look at least the 9000, 9700, 8900, 9550, 9630 or 9650 first.
    05-30-10 01:51 PM
    I would not look at the 8520, I would look at least the 9000, 9700, 8900, 9550, 9630 or 9650 first.
    9000 is nice but the 128mb cap reaaly makes the 8520 an option...
    05-30-10 02:17 PM
    There's nothing wrong with an 8520. I prefer it over tour, 9000 anything with a ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:40 PM
    And the 8520 also has the trackpad and music keys on top of the phone! Those music keys make everything in life easier! : D I use it all the time when skating! (: The only bad part about the 8520 i would say is that theres no 3g. But a little bit of patience does the trick! : D And the price i would say is affordable for a teen like me! : D The 8520 was made for teens (In my point of view!)

Good luck!
    Wes
    05-30-10 02:40 PM
    i know this is an odd question is the the dark colour or the light one... i have the light one and would love to see a photo of the dark one
    05-30-10 02:45 PM
    CEX is your best option, as your probably aware when a phone is lost or stolen in the uk it is barred and this cannot be undone. i have both a 9700 and a 8520 and can say that i like them both equally, the only plus point for the 9700 is the screen and 3G but otherwise there equally matched phones
    05-30-10 03:50 PM
    Ya. I'm a teenager. But I also know many young adults with them as well. Its a great phone.

05-30-10 04:22 PM
    Made for teenages is a bit too much

I've seen 4 used for business, and still counting! (and remember they are anything BUT affordable in Brasil!)
    05-30-10 04:46 PM
    Options -> Owner ->

Have you tried contacting the person who lost it?
    05-30-10 04:54 PM
    I am 21 and I would say this is a great phone for all ages ... That's to the person who said this phone was made for teens jk just wanted to make it known that I love my phone

05-30-10 06:37 PM
    Have you given some thought to honesty? Have you ever lost your BLACKBERRY and felt that sheer panic and terror? Why not call the carrier and report it found? A REWARD could be n ur Future I'd come off a hundred bux QUICK to save the eriplaceable pix on my phone.. Weddings funerals babies cats dogs ect..

05-30-10 10:22 PM
    I think you are a dishonest person. Bad karma is going to
    follow you for not reporting you found this BB. I don't understand
    HOW you can look at yourself in the mirror If you had
    LOST your BB you wouldn't want this done to you

05-30-10 11:01 PM
    Lol! Yeah well the 8520 is perfect for mee! (: that's why its in my point of view! : D haha! Yeah it can be used for business too! I can imagine myself in future holding a curve in my hand! (:
    This phone is UBER COOL! Hahaha! Sorry if I offended anyone with the "made for teens" part! (:

Oh yeah he did contact the carrier of the previous owner of the phone who lost it. He also asked for the previous owners details! Aka he cannot contact the previous owner!!
    Lol!

Wes

05-31-10 01:37 AM
    Wow. I can't believe you found a Blackberry and didn't returned it and even dared to post it up here.
    You're so dishonest. You can never imagine the pain of losing a Blackberry.
    @Jude526 is right. Imagine if you lost a Blackberry and the person didn't return it to you. You would really be f*cked up.
    Blackberry 8520 is cheap btw.
    05-31-10 02:32 AM
    But HilmTom said he called up the carrier and told them he found it and they said it was reported lost. But they wount give out owner info.
    So why are you guys saying he's dishonest etc? He did try.
    Comprehension issues?

05-31-10 08:07 AM
    HilmTom, why don't you make an attempt to find the owner again before selling it.
    Post a notice on your University's Noticeboard or somewhere near where you found it.

Last edited by Solachica; 05-31-10 at 08:16 AM.
    05-31-10 08:13 AM
    I think you are a dishonest person. Bad karma is going to
    follow you for not reporting you found this BB. I don't understand
    HOW you can look at yourself in the mirror If you had
    LOST your BB you wouldn't want this done to you

they put that they rang up the carrier and they said to keep the phone or throw it away.... so there will be no bad karma there
    05-31-10 08:51 AM
    We are all missing one important point, the carrier can contact the original owner. All it takes is for the person who found the phone to return it to the carrier. They are then responsible for doing the right thing, but the person who found it will have already done the right thing. You can parse it anyway you want, but if the person who finds the phone doesn't turn it in to the carrier, then ethically, and possibly morally, we have an issue as far as I can see. Half hearted attempts to make a phone call aren't good enough and I'm very disappointed in the carrier if they told him to just keep it or throw it away. I lost my phone a very long time ago and I was never so glad when the person who found it contacted my carrier and they arranged for me to get it back.
    05-31-10 12:55 PM
    not all owners want the phone back and will ask for a new one... so carrier then gives it back to the person who finds it that has happened before in the uk...
    05-31-10 02:30 PM
    If it was my BlackBerry that had gone missing, in a place where it could've easily been handed in and possibly returned to me, but wasn't......I'd hunt you down. At least you contacted the carrier though, but still.

You have no idea! This person has probably had a mental breakdown already.

06-05-10 10:39 AM
    INSURANCE thats why your offered it, dont take it, suffer the likes of this , simples.
    06-14-10 06:16 PM
    Morally, I think you have to do everything possible to return the phone. Everything reasonably possible. I Agree, post a note on university message boards. Yes, ask the phone carrier if they will send it back to the owner etc. Its just not right of you to try to keep it for yourself without doing your very best to get it back to the owner. I think you should feel guilty. If you do your very best...then relax and enjoy your phone and feel good about yourself! :-)

Why would the company give a person a new phone if they lost it? I don't understand? That doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something? If I lose my car, or purse etc. the company doesn't give me a new one.
    06-14-10 09:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD