i'm sure this is a common question...

today i dropped my BlackBerry, and when it fell the battery cover came off, and it went sliding across the blacktop lately if my phone gets bumped/dropped or any kind of impact it restarts, but I get the hourglass screen, and it is then fine

I tried taking out the battery and replacing it because that usually works, but this time it didnt. I took out the battery and let it sit for a few min, and it still isnt turning on. When i connect it to a charger I get the red light, and then the battery icon flashing/looping on the screen, but then nothing

any suggestions? thank you!
    09-06-09 11:19 AM
    Hardware issue, plain and simple. It could have knocked something loose inside and (gasp) broken it for good. As info, it is not rugged enough to be dropped continually or mistreated -- and so it might be time for a new phone and might I recommend a PROTECTIVE case to help take care of it.
    09-06-09 08:32 PM
    Agree. If you can't even get it to boot not much too fix. If you can at least get it to connect to DM you may try an app reload which may wipe the device. But this will correct "IF" there are software errors.I hope you have backups saved, in either case.
    09-06-09 10:08 PM
    Hope you purchased insurance on it. This is a phone you should treat like a diamond not a basketball. B.O.L.T.Y.
    09-06-09 10:39 PM
    Hope you purchased insurance on it. This is a phone you should treat like a diamond not a basketball. B.O.L.T.Y.
    If you treat your cell phone like a diamond..... how do you treat your real diamonds?

09-06-09 10:50 PM
    If you treat your cell phone like a diamond..... how do you treat your real diamonds?

lol, I just meant this is a $500 phone, not a cheapo. I never had a diamond so I guess I cant really compare it to that, but I take the best care of my bb and laptop and other expensive toys.
    09-06-09 10:57 PM
    lol, I just meant this is a $500 phone, not a cheapo. I never had a diamond so I guess I cant really compare it to that, but I take the best care of my bb and laptop and other expensive toys.
    Yes, it is an expensive investment.

And I myself look after my gadgets and stuff well.

Happy Labor Day!
    09-06-09 11:08 PM
    Agreed. Even though you can get them today for let's say $150 with all the discounts, it still needs to be treated better than a TRAC phone! LOL!!
    09-06-09 11:48 PM
    You could try the nuked OS procedure which you will find on the crackberry menubar under help then blackberry 101. But it sure sounds like you damaged it and you will need to make an insurance claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD