but i go to download blackberry maps

and i keep getting told i cant download it

i've had the phone a day and have updated and activated everything with it

anything i've missed?
    04-16-09 03:15 PM
    my two cents is download google maps, works better for me then bbmaps anyway
    04-16-09 03:17 PM
    i've got it but google maps shows me to be three miles away from my real location, was going to test and see if it wasnt a fubard gps system
    04-16-09 03:19 PM
    It would help if you posted the exact error message you're getting.
    04-16-09 03:52 PM
    i see, ive heard of this problem on these forums, mine always has me band on my real location, sorry i cant help more
    04-16-09 03:54 PM
    the exact error is "your device does not meet the requirements to run blackberry maps"
    04-16-09 03:58 PM
    the exact error is "your device does not meet the requirements to run blackberry maps"
    If you're running AT&T then your phone wont be compatible. Atleast thats what I was told. I use google maps and wish I could try out bbmaps.
    04-16-09 04:06 PM
    yeah i run orange uk, was told it was a download yet everytime i've tried its done that, like i stated the only reason i've wanted to do this as gps is miles off even when outside. wanted to see if my phone was gone or if the programme was knackered on gps
    04-16-09 04:09 PM
    ic ic, and when you go to options>advance options>GPS and click refresh, does it find satellites?

Ideally you'd find like 9 or more satellites.

Make sure all the features in the GPS menu are turned on.

I use .174 and googlemaps finds me within 15 meters always. I dont have the ability to use bbmaps but Googlemaps is sufficient.
    04-16-09 04:26 PM
    yeah i run orange uk, was told it was a download yet everytime i've tried its done that, like i stated the only reason i've wanted to do this as gps is miles off even when outside. wanted to see if my phone was gone or if the programme was knackered on gps
    Is your GPS even turned off, and is it using the "triangle method".

mine is always dead nuts on center....
    04-16-09 04:42 PM

A friend of mine had this same exact error the other day but it was for BB Messenger when he tried to download it (I guess it really wouldn't be the EXACT same message then...). A battery pull fixed his.
    04-16-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD