so i was happy to get this 8330 in pink curve, met a guy off craigslist.
    Seemed nice and not ghetto etc.
    Phone looked great.
    I called verizon to confirm esn was good.
    She checked it and i was told it was a good esn.

2 weeks later i try to activate it and rep tells me ESN is no good.
    ESN IS BAD.

I do not understand how this can happen.
    Can anyone shed some light on this matter.
    This was suppose to be my first blackberry and im dumbed.
    12-13-08 03:27 AM
    That is why I will always buy off of a reputable buyer... you never know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 04:33 AM
    Maybe at the time of your first call, the phone had yet to be reported lost/stolen. Two weeks later, BAM!!
    12-13-08 06:16 AM
    Maybe at the time of your first call, the phone had yet to be reported lost/stolen. Two weeks later, BAM!!
    That is most likely what happened. Sorry to hear this

12-13-08 07:26 AM
    If the person signed up for a contract, cancelled within 30 days, they must return the phone otherwise the ESN is bad. That has happened alot too
    12-13-08 08:55 AM
    That sucks I got my first pearl off ebay they took forever activating it had to wipe the phone and do other stuff cause it didn't want to activate at first, but the computer even glitched and said the phone was warrantied threw my carrier. Now my wife has that pearl and I got a new one on upgrade to keep peace in my house. Sorry you had bad luck. Maybe you can try again on another site just watch the feedback and how long they been selling. Good luck

12-13-08 08:58 AM
    thanks for the responses, im wondering now if this phone can be flashed for METRO i would hate for it to go to waste.
    12-13-08 12:20 PM
    Same thing happened to me, esn was clean when I called first time, he reported it stolen right after I bought it, luckily for me he never cleaned out the call log, so magically it was "unstolen" after I told everyone in his call log the scam he was pulling and I was reporting the insurance fraud to the police..

Now, I meet people off of craigs at a sbucks, make the esn call and do the esn swap while they are sitting there, and before money changes hands.
    It's sad the scammers make a hobby such a cloak and dagger operation.
    12-13-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD