Okay, so i am trying one last time..This is my third time asking with little to no help and suggestions that have come up short. How do I change a PDB file to be able to be read on my BB? And No, Mobi does not work for this PDB file..
    06-12-09 08:03 AM
    What kind of data is it? If you can't find a converter, perhaps you can export the data from your palm to text and import it to your BB.
    06-12-09 08:14 AM
    Its skyscape..nursing books and dictionarys and stuff...It would not read the same...
    06-12-09 08:15 AM
    tried text it didnt work
    06-12-09 08:16 AM
    Are you transferring from a Palm to a BB and want to reuse Skyscape without buying for the BB? Perhaps they will give you cross platform swap or discount.
    06-12-09 08:21 AM
    Its skyscape..nursing books and dictionarys and stuff...It would not read the same...
    DId you try emailing or calling the software manufacturer to se if they version that works on mobile devices?
    06-12-09 08:22 AM
    DId you try emailing or calling the software manufacturer to se if they version that works on mobile devices?
    From what I could tell, they have a BB reader, but you have to purchase the books. Sounds like the OP has the books for Palm and wants to have them for BB.
    06-12-09 08:24 AM
    just thought of that and I am looking up info for the sofeware manufacturer..thanks lastraid i will try that suggestion
    06-12-09 08:24 AM
    Is this not the reader for blackberry?

Skyscape: Skyscape on BlackBerry

m
    06-12-09 08:25 AM
    I did purchase the books and downloaded them to a scandisk for my palm now my bb will not read this PDB file..
    06-12-09 08:27 AM
    Just for kicks -how large is the file? Try placing the the file/software on the device. having it on an SD card might be an issue. just a thought
    06-12-09 08:29 AM
    Yeah, the BB won't read the books in PDB format.
    06-12-09 08:31 AM
    thanks max it sure is..funny i have been in this forum 2 other times and no one asked me the software type that would have made a big difference..hopefullt skyscape blackberry reader will work
    06-12-09 08:33 AM
    the file is approx 1 G on a 2 G card
    06-12-09 08:35 AM
    i bought the card and the palm from someone in nursing school...the blackberry reader for skyscape requires a serial number and I do not know where to get that
    06-12-09 08:40 AM
    You probably need to get the serial number from the person you bought everything from. However, I doubt Skyscape will allow the serial number to be transferred. This type of set up is usually locked to the original purchaser, and would only allow that person to switch the SN to a new Palm or a cross platform device.
    06-12-09 08:53 AM
    here is a different thought for you, I googled pdb to pdf converter and found this link
    this is freeware, now I have absolutely no experience with this software, but I liked the free part.
    06-12-09 09:31 AM
    Okay, so i am trying one last time..This is my third time asking with little to no help and suggestions that have come up short. How do I change a PDB file to be able to be read on my BB? And No, Mobi does not work for this PDB file..
    Try and use olive tree bible reader which can be found on app world. Its free also

I use it to read my bible on the go and the file format it uses PDB. You can read ebooks on that too

When you install it, It places as folder on your media card called olivetree. Put the files in there and open the app. Go into the library and it should update and find the files

I hope this helps
    08-11-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD