i am so confused about this map thing.Do I go to blackberry.com on my bb to download the free map thing or on my pc? and what is jive talk? I am so lost.Please help
    02-27-08 12:08 PM
    I am fairly sure that BB Maps has to be downloaded to your PC and then transferred to your BB via desktop manager, versus a OTA (Over the air) install.
    Jive talk is an instant message application that you can use a multitude of different I'm clients in. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 12:13 PM
    yes thank u it helped.Im slowly figuring these things out.
    02-27-08 12:17 PM
    I am fairly sure that BB Maps has to be downloaded to your PC and then transferred to your BB via desktop manager, versus a OTA (Over the air) install.
    Jive talk is an instant message application that you can use a multitude of different I'm clients in. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Greytshirt and ms annie. You can download BB maps directly to your Blackberry. Go to www.mobile.blackberry.com using your Blackberry and downoad the BB maps from there. I downloaded them directly to my Curve yesterday. After the download click on your applications folder and the icon for BB maps should be there.
    02-27-08 12:36 PM
    ok thank u crimsontide...even better.
    02-27-08 12:40 PM
    ms annie

After the download of the maps, check your applications folder for the icon. If it's not there, try removing the battery to boot the Blackberry.
    02-27-08 12:44 PM
    sorry but im lost again..do i go under blackberry start or media mall?
    02-27-08 12:55 PM
    When you get mobile.blackberry.com, scroll down the page that opens. You will find a section called Maps & GPS, right below that you will see "Get Blackberry Maps". Click on "Get Blackberry Maps" and that will get you started on the download process.
    02-27-08 01:03 PM
    where would i find my application folder?u have been so much help.ty.
    02-27-08 01:15 PM
    oh! i found it! im so happy.thank you.Thats one down and so much more to learn..tytyytytytytytyyt for ur patience.
    02-27-08 01:16 PM
    ms annie,

Did you get the BB maps downloaded?
    02-27-08 01:20 PM
    i ended up with a google map thing and it worked.Now I have to ask u about bb messenger.Who do i talk to on that? does it cost to use it or is it like text?and does the other person have to have a bb?
    02-27-08 01:25 PM
    i ended up with a google map thing and it worked.Now I have to ask u about bb messenger.Who do i talk to on that? does it cost to use it or is it like text?and does the other person have to have a bb?
    I'll have to defer to someone else on the BB messager. I have not used that feature so I would be of no help to you.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your Blackberry!!!
    02-27-08 01:37 PM
    thank you....
    02-27-08 01:40 PM
    The BBMessenger is for BB to BB chatting. It uses your BB data plan, so as long as you hav unlimited data, it will not cost extra
    You use your PIN to talk to other people that have BBs
    02-27-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD