Hi everybody

I have a problem with my curve 9360, i read all kind of bb problem related post in different blogs and websites; i reloaded the OS like 3 times, bought a new battery but it s still not working.

Here are the facts: i bought it in january from somebody who got it one month before but had an iphone for xmas, so it was new and barely used.
    I had a small crash with the jvg error (if i remember well) in march but wiped it and everything went fine.
    In late march, i let it fall in the toilet bowl (yeah, I'm really unlucky and clumsy...) but did the whole rescue operation and it worked fine... for 2 weeks.

Since mid april the phone just shut down with led flashing 4 times and no matter how many hard or soft reset i do, its not working.
    First i thought it was the battery which didnt survive the dive so i bought a new one but the phone still wasnt working so i tried the whole new OS with the newer OS on bb website but still.
    For a while, it was "working" but restarting itself like 100times a day.
    I tried everything expained in forums but still. When i plugged in to the computer it show the empty battery sign, (even if it was full before the crash) and start up again and stay on but when i unplug it, it stays on for MAX 1 hour than go back to dead/led flashing.

Im in an internship abroad until September so cannot bring it to customer service.

Please help me, Im starting to go crazy!
    If you want some more informations just ask

Thanks
    06-19-12 04:30 PM
    Hello,

Are you using an official blackberry battery, if not I recommend getting one as this could be the problem.

Please see this link about led light flashing 4 times: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9000-f83/led-blinks-4-times-ive-tried-everything-please-help-536989/
    Last edited by f0xx386; 06-19-12 at 05:19 PM.
    06-19-12 05:12 PM
    Since you dropped it in water, it's probably the long term effects of water damage.
    06-19-12 05:14 PM
    My new battery is an official Blackberry one.
    And I thought that if it was water damage the phone will be dead already since it happened more than 2 months ago.
    06-19-12 05:21 PM
    After reading up the on the link I posted it appears 4 led flash= ROM is dead replace board.

Was hoping its the battery, try ebay for a new MB board or take it in for repairs.
    06-19-12 05:29 PM
    My new battery is an official Blackberry one.
    And I thought that if it was water damage the phone will be dead already since it happened more than 2 months ago.
    Effects of water damage can start anytime. My 9780 doused under running water and survived, started acting up, after 6 months. After a year, the bluetooth doesn't work, signal drops every now and then, and new battery dies in 3 hrs.
    06-20-12 03:02 AM
    Ok for water damage but is there a way to make it work again or is it simply the end?
    And I wanted to add a detail : when it is plugged in to the computer it is working just fine, bbm, signal everything. But as soon as i unplug it it stays on for 2 hours max before going back to death.
    I will check for ROM replacement.
    06-22-12 11:15 AM
    And on the thread about the 4 times flashing led they say that when the ROM is dead it cannot be seen by the computer which is not my case, the computer detect it and everything.
    06-22-12 11:18 AM
    Your charger could be faulty.

1. Try charging your phone on your pc to max and then use it and see if it dies in 2 hours. If it does not then the charger is faulty.

2. If you sure the charger is good, then remove the battery, without the battery inserted, plug the phone to the charger and now insert the battery and leave to charge. Then test how long the phone lasts before it needs to re-charged.

3. If all else fails and from what you say about the ROM, and what you posted it appears you done your homework, consider fresh os install using an updated version.
    naishou likes this.
    06-22-12 03:26 PM
    I did step 1 and it miraculously stayed on during 7 hours then shut down and tried to restart (like a nuked BB), it tried like 5 times.
    Then stopped, and back to red flashing led.

I'm gonna fresh install the OS (again) since the latest version is the one on my device right now.
    Can it be the ROM since it was working perfectly nice during 7 hours?
    06-23-12 02:44 PM
    What Os are you running, 7 or 7.1?
    06-23-12 02:52 PM
    7.1.0.336, the latest one on http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os
    06-23-12 02:54 PM
    I'm using v 7.1.0.391......I have found this to be most stable.
    06-23-12 02:59 PM
    Ok where can i download it?
    06-23-12 03:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reless-726118/

I solved my jvm 517 error, hope it helps you.
    93Aero likes this.
    06-23-12 03:09 PM
    Ok thanks I'm currently downloading it but do I need to delete the other one from my computer?
    06-23-12 03:31 PM
    Yes remove it, click on the installer of the os you want to remove, yes I said installer. When this is done you will be promptedto either repair or remove, click on remove.

Now go to "add or remove programs" see if the os still there. If it is uninstall. The os tends leave bits here and there.

Follow the guide that can be found on the link below
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    06-23-12 03:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...v1-0-a-678515/

Use that link above to learn about vendor.xml files and removing them, this must done so you install the Os from Rogers Wireless just in case you are not with that carrier.
    06-23-12 03:49 PM
    Thanks, I've read about this already since I already reload the OS but never downgrade to one while the other is still installed
    Its really long, they say 2 more hours I dont know why...
    06-23-12 03:53 PM
    Rogers's version is higher than the one on your phone. Is DM saying 2hrs?
    06-23-12 03:59 PM
    No the downloading of the os setup says 2hrs!
    06-23-12 04:05 PM
    I installed the OS and everything! Now let's see...
    I really hope it will work, thanks for your help!
    06-23-12 07:17 PM
    Good luck, let me know how it goes.
    06-23-12 07:23 PM
    Hello again!

So I reloaded the new OS and it was pretty surprising since it lasted like almost the whole day but... died again. And i tried the magic 'pulled out the battery and charge' but it is not working anymore.
    Now when I plug in to the computer i just got the plug in-plug out noise... I guess its nuked. But its not trying to restart and anything.
    06-27-12 02:03 PM
    When you loaded the Os did you restore all 3rd party apps, emails and bbm settings from.ipd file created by DM.
    06-27-12 02:14 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD