For the past few weeks I have not been able to open a website on my Bb Curve 8520 as I get the 500 error. I can open every other website as usual...no other issues. And no recent downloads on the Bb.

But all of a sudden I cannot get to Ravelry.com which is a discussion forum for knitters/crocheters/fibert artists.

I can't get there through my bookmark, using the browser by typing in the URL, etc.

Prior to this time, I've been able to open Ravelry without difficulty.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    05-26-10 08:25 AM
    I just got there just fine...try downloading the Bolt Browser...that may help, battery pull too
    05-26-10 09:02 AM
    Kevin...have tried the battery pull. No luck.

One quick question...I'm on a BES server...would that provide a problem with using Bolt?
    05-26-10 09:21 AM
    only if they limit you from installing 3rd party apps.

but I wonder if they aren't blocking some of your internet too
    05-26-10 09:23 AM
    No blocking. It's my personal device...just lets me link to my work-related outlook calendar and university email.

Have had the BES on two different Blackberries I've had over the last 4 years and this is the first time that Ravelry has been blocked.

Quite strange. But it's worth an email to the tech guys to check.
    05-26-10 09:28 AM
    Try Bolt Browser before you check with the IT group. You wont be disappointed with it in general...i use it instead of my Blackberry Browser and it's insanely amazing!
    05-26-10 09:30 AM
    Will definitely give it a try! I appreciate your sharing the info about it!
    05-26-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD