"The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page"????? What the ****, trying to access the Southwest site on my browser. I can do it with Opera Mini but not the Verizon browser. What's the problem here?

jkk4
    08-08-08 06:58 AM
    It might not be a mobile browser compatible site. Look here Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 07:14 AM
    Nope, that's not it. Southwest is on that website list.

Pulled battery to reset and still get the error for this site.

jkk4
    08-08-08 09:46 AM
    HTTP Error 406 Not acceptable Explained

406 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle:

Obtain an IP address from the IP name of your site (your site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
    Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
    Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
    Receive an HTTP data stream back from your Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.
    This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '406'.

The failure is occuring durning the DNS lookup. It could be a site problem, have you checked the site using a desktop computer?
    08-08-08 10:02 AM
    Reed, I read that same article. Yes, the website works from a computer and Yes, I can get to the site with Opera Mini, but for some reason, I'm unable to with my 8330 browser.

jkk4
    08-08-08 12:04 PM
    If you can access it from a desktop, there is no problem with the DNS resolution.

You have a couple of view options in Browser. Most WAP sites work best with the Column view enabled. Other sites work best when Page veiw is enabled.
    08-08-08 04:12 PM
    i am having the same problem...im trying to download pandora and its sayin that i have the HTTP 406 error....how can i fix this to download it
    07-20-09 09:01 AM
    I have the same problem on multiple sites using my curve 8330m from uscellular

I can't get to the install file for nav4all.com nor the install file for thetherberry.com

I would love it if someone had an answer to this one. I have tried both page view and column view w/ no luck. Maybe a better browser would help
    07-30-09 11:43 AM
    I have the same problem on multiple sites using my curve 8330m from uscellular

I can't get to the install file for nav4all.com nor the install file for thetherberry.com

I would love it if someone had an answer to this one. I have tried both page view and column view w/ no luck. Maybe a better browser would help
    Same scenario with me - any answer to this?
    08-08-09 03:05 PM
    Getting the same error as well. Anyone know how to fix this?
    08-12-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD