I got tired of Windows Mobile and went out on a limb for a curve at Alltel.
    10-24-09 07:24 AM
    I live with my sister because she lives closer to the college I'm attending.
    The day I was messing with curve and liked how I could check the sites I frequent with it.
    I got my curve because I had one of those tracfones(god are they horrible to use) and it ran out of time while on campus one night. I called my sister from like 6 different people's phones because the person who was suppose to get me never came.

My sister did not really like that and that is how I got my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:08 AM
    i'm a wm guy and i love the fact that wm is so damn customizable to my liking. bb is like apple where you can only use it on a few devices. the only reason i have my curve is because it is work issued. although i hate carrying phones, i will carry both of them but if i had to leave one behind, it's my wm phone because i can't afford to leave my work phone at home.
    10-24-09 11:57 AM
    March 08 got it online !!
    10-24-09 02:21 PM
    locker room.
    ssshhh
    10-24-09 04:08 PM
    I got tired of my samsung instinct and the dealer in the radio shack I was in talked me into upgrading to the blackberry curve. I think that was the best advice I got all year!
    10-24-09 06:32 PM
    I bought a Moto Q off Craigslist for 50$..realized Windows mobile 5.0 sucked, so i used my 2 year upgrade and bought a curve for the same price haha best phone i've ever owned..and even better with 5.0
    10-24-09 07:46 PM
    got new service when my contract was up from tmobile and decided to try a lg tritan (i had a gravity with tmobile) and had the tritan for 2 weeks and hated it and the touch screen, i heard raves about the bb so i went in and asked and traded it in for my 1st ever bb curve and been in love ever since. i cant beleive it took me this long to get a bb, now i can never go back to any other kind of phone, seriously.
    10-24-09 08:26 PM
    I had a Pearl Flip from my first T-Mobile experience, LOVED the phone but T-Mobile didn't have a signal at my house, went back to VZW and searched for a Pearl Flip, I listed an old phone on Craig's List and traded it for a Pearl. Too small, couldn't use it! My fingers were too fat for the K'board and my eyes couldn't handle the teensy screen. Saw the 8330 on Craig's List and got it, been pretty happy with it since.

But..... when and/or if I find a REALLY perfect Motorola V9M for VZW I'll be selling the 8330, cancelling the data plan and live happily ever after with a dumb phone!
    10-24-09 08:34 PM
    My HTC Touch Pro died about 2 weeks ago. They were going to give me a Palm Pro instead. I was tired of the Windows Mobile, so I asked for a Blackberry. Proud owner of a 8330m now. Much, much better than the HTC Touch Pro.
    10-24-09 08:43 PM
    My wife got it free from a friend and but it on here line for a day then my evil moto q9c hit the bricks, so she let me have it and upgraded here line for the pink 8330. So now we both have them and will never go back to windows mobile

10-24-09 09:46 PM
    I was at my cousin's engagement party when some guy told me about HTC phones. It took me a few months to research the HTC's and other phone I found out about the BlackBerries and was sold on the solid reviews, hardware, software, (and 99.95% of the time) the network. I was about to be a college student myself so I needed a phone that could keep with me and help me keep track of my day to day work load. The Curve fitted me at the moment so I called my company's cell phone store (they partnered with Sprint to get the good deals for the partners.). Got the 8330 after Ike hit (wish I had it before hand lol) and loved it since day one. Now I have moved on and got the Tour.
    10-24-09 10:07 PM
    I had an upgrade waiting through AT&T so i went to the AT&T store and it was between the curve and the palm centro. I thought the palm was smaller and had a touch screen so I went with that one. After about 8 months of dealing with STUPID palm issues and 5 refurbs later, they finally agreed to upgrade me to the Blackberry. They were going to give me the new 8900 but they were out of stock and it would be 3 months...3 months without a phone?? no way. so i agreed to get the 8310 for now. When i went to the AT&T store recently to look at my next upgrade phone, I only went to the blackberry section...was not really impressed by the new curves or even the Bold. so i stuck with my old curve...its been very faithful to me for so long I can't let go!
    10-25-09 06:10 PM
    I was due for an upgrade and had been eye balling the storm. Being that it was a sunday, I would have to wait one more day to get it. So I'm at my local Wal-Mart picking up a few things when I spot it in the electronics area. They had the curve priced at $8.88, I decided that it was to good of a deal to pass up. Haven't looked back since. Come to find out it was a miss print and suppose to be $48.88. Lucky me

10-25-09 06:35 PM
    I got my first curve and actually my first blackberry off ebay and saved a lot of money. In hindsight I should have goten it cheaper from my carrier when I was due for an upgrade. No way I was going to pay full price from my carrier. Made that mistake twice before.

10-25-09 06:52 PM
    i was put on the SEP plan with sprint when i bought 800w and saw that it covered the BIS and hit up ebay and got my brand new curve for $150
    10-25-09 06:55 PM
    Got mines from Best Buy. Two-year contract got me two phones for 100$
    10-25-09 10:25 PM
    I got the Curve 8330 because it was the only decent Pink pda verizon was selling and I really wanted a pink phone this time. Little did I know how ugly Blackberry is! Everything is plain, dull and boring! My Palm Centro had many darling color themes to choose from and threaded (colored!) sms...boy do I miss it. I find myself downloading tons of apps to make up for how dull my phone is!

BUT my bb has the best reception I've ever had and the internet capabilities kick ****....very limited on my PalmCentro. I keep telling myself I'm going to change my phone out for something cuter but I can't bring myself to, despite being so bland I'm absolutely in love with it!
    10-26-09 12:03 AM
    I had a samsung glyde and broke it.. Twice lol had to upgrade. My girlfriend has a pearl and I fell in love with blackberries!

10-26-09 02:42 AM
    I got my first BB for free. I was getting fed up with sprint and complained and threatened to leave to another carrier, finally sprint offered up a BB curve 8330 for free to keep me as a customer. I love my BB so much I won't have any problem paying for my next one

10-26-09 12:21 PM
    Can you tell Sprint you have a friend who also wants one for free?

I considered Sprint at one time but their plans are much more than I'm paying VZW and I'd have to get a different phone and sign a 2 year contract. I wish they'd let me activate a VZW phone, that would allow me a month to month plan since I already have an 8330.

I guess no CDMA carrier will allow activation of any phone that isn't theirs, now?
    Last edited by xs11e; 10-26-09 at 12:48 PM.
    10-26-09 12:45 PM
    i got signed up to verizon with the LG dare,,, back in AUg of '08,, yeah yeah i bought into the hype.... which was a mistake... from then until August of '09 i had to replace my dare over 8 different times.... and it was rediculious...... so i called verizon and they told me tha they would give me any phone at and introductory price,.... and there it was the BB CURVE 8330 in SILVER>>>><<<<>>>the room brightened upp angles fluttered about they sky a clear and the softest powder blue.... everything stoped in that instant... i told the vzw rep. i want it ....... and that was that.... after a week of anticipation and trying to figure how i could ge my phone quickerrr... if finallly camme.... ive been unable to put it down for more then 10min..... soon by summer '10 i am going to change to a different carrier and we will see what happenss on which bb i got to then
    10-26-09 02:06 PM
    Much, much better than the HTC Touch Pro.
    You can't be serious. The touch pro can do twice as many things as a curve, the main thing being hackable where you can install custom roms and the other main point is the screen resolution. everything looks better on the vga screen.

the curve is more of a phone so it's easier for novices to pick up an use, i guess that is what you mean.
    10-26-09 03:16 PM
    I bought mine off of the Market Place on CB. I couldn't deal T9 keypads anymore, and hated checking my email 6 hours late.

10-26-09 03:19 PM
    I had a Sony Ericcson which I liked for the music but after hearing about the curve, I bought one through ATT and have been using the curve since January 2008.
    I love it.
    10-26-09 03:36 PM
284 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD