05-26-10 07:27 AM
284 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm pretty new to the BB scene. First 2 were my 8830we and my wife's 8703e (both off ebay $30 apiece at the time.) My 8830 was a great place to start (I, too, missed the camera.) My wife did NOT like the 8703's track wheel.

After a 6 year hiatus, I went back to Verizon on the 1st of August with the ebay phones in tow. That, of course left me eligible for upgrades on both lines. Thanks to this FAB forum, All the Curve reviews I read were positive (there MAY have been ONE negative comment in there SOMEPLACE.) Last Thursday, I ordered new Curves for both my wife and myself. $50 and free overnight shipping. Friday they showed up. I see what ya'll mean. Can't put 'em down!! Perfect sized phone and keyboard. Great responsiveness. Life is grand in CB land.

Thanks CB for the rave reviews. Really helped me make an informed decision.
    08-24-09 02:34 AM
    My first "smartphone" was the MotoQ, and the "first one" worked without an issue .I accidently dropped it in water and it fried . I never got another that worked right went though 2 others took the best one that halfway worked got tired of sending them back .When I was able to upgrade got a BB and thats where I am now
    08-24-09 05:00 AM
    Ive wanted one for years but never got it. I saw my curve 8320 on CL for 100, bought it and love it. It had some normal scratches/wear on it but it runs perfectly. Ive changed the housing from sunset red to all black and it SWEET!! Looks like a BRAND SPANKIN device now. I will probably always keep it cuz its my first!
    08-24-09 07:54 AM
    I had a Cingulair 8125 which was a touch screen smart phone and our dog jumped up and grabbed it off our kitchen counter and bit into the screen so it wouldn't work anymore. I wasn't really happy with windows mobile anyway so after reading reviews I decided to go with the Curve. I wanted the full keyboard and liked the size better than the Pearl. Now I'm wanting the Bold.
    08-24-09 07:16 PM
    bought it from a coworker basically brand new for $100 ... needed some cash for his G1 lol
    08-24-09 09:08 PM
    woot 50 posts lol
    08-24-09 09:09 PM
    Was ready for an upgrade had a nokia that wasnt a smartphone, but needed a smartphone read loads of reviews and the curve came out on top for what I needed, I have never looked back, its now time for my next upgrade so I will be getting the 8900 curve in 2 weeks!
    08-25-09 09:23 AM
    .. of all the phones I've had, Motorola's have been the best after being flashed away from the VZW UI and the best of the Motos IMHO is the V9M.

Sorry, this is going to be a long story!

I was at Costco and really liked the BB Flip, it was free with T-Mobile so I signed up for a 14 day trial, returned the phone and cancelled because of poor coverage in my area. That was my BB introduction.

I had purchased an Alltel V9m form Craig's List to replace the one I'd bricked, activated it on VZW and was OK until I got a Samsung FlipShot from Ebay, love the camera, hate the phone! Once I'd activated the FlipShot I found I couldn't activate the V9M again on VZW, after June 1st they won't activate non-VZW phones! Much argument, discussion, many lies from CS idiots later I gave up and listed the phone on Craig's List, a guy offered to swap for a VZW BB Pearl (thought I'd never get back to BBs, didn't you!) that was almost new, in the box with all accessories so I swapped.

I found the Pearl unusable, the keys too small for my fingers, the lettering too small for my eyes to read so I reactivated the FlipShot, put the Pearl on CL and gave up but...... I missed some BB features so, back to CL, found an 8330 at an affordable price (in box with all original accessories) and activated it.

I like it! It's a GREAT phone but I really don't need it so..... the Samsung FlipShot is currently activated and I'm once again looking for a V9M!

I suspect the 8330 will be showing up on CL eventually...
    08-25-09 02:05 PM
    First i went to the store last summer and snagged the curve 8330 and loved it but took it back in my 30 day warranty and got the garbage dare then went back just a few weeks ago and got the curve again. Sickest phone of all time does it all.
    08-26-09 02:31 PM
    this is very entertaining guys! thanks a bunch
    08-26-09 02:34 PM
    Sprint upgrade! best thing i ever did!
    08-26-09 02:43 PM
    Well my NE2 came around and I currently had the LG EN-V2 and was looking for a step up in my phone capabilities. While having the EN-V2 I fell in love with the full qwerty keyboard so that was a must for my new phone to have.So I started to look at a Samsung WinMo phone and after doing some research as I usually do I was recommended the 8330. I had always heard great things about Blackberry's(ies) and wasn't liking what I seen in WinMo devices, so I took the plunge and haven't looked back. I also got my lady addicted to her Pink 8330.

Now I'm waiting till SS/10 for a new Blackberry. My NE2 will come sooner, but I'm not liking the Tour/Storm 2/8520 or anything else at the moment.
    08-26-09 02:56 PM
    My BlackBerry love affair started when my family switched from T-Mobile to Verizon because we wanted to try them out because we weren't happy with their service. I got the LG EnV because I text and email alot so I wanted something with a QWERTY keyboard (the Razr keypad wasn't cutting it anymore) and my dad was going to get teh Razr from VZW but I saw the 8830 and I told him that it looks cool and easy-to-use compared to the 8700 they had with the trackwheel which IMHO blows but to each his own.

My dad was sold so he got it. Like most new BB users he was lost so I had to hop on the instruction manual because I didn't know about this website yet . After playing around with it and setting it up I fell head over heels for the 8830 but I had the EnV and it was too expensivet o switch to the 8830 so I had to bite my lip and take it. LOL.

I had some great times with the EnV but everytime I saw my dad's 8830 I would drool and would want to play with it (the 8830).

So time went on and my contract ended with Verizon and wanted something cheap so I went to MetroPCS and like they say "You get what you pay for" so I only had MetroPCS for a month and decided to switch back to T-Mobile for two reasons: Cheap Plans and Option to use unlocked phones in case i break or lose my phone from T-Mobile.

So I made th switch and got a DUMBphone (Sidekick iD) since I hyave used Sidekicks before I got it and let's say it didn't work out so well that I ended up switching to my Razr that I had before. (Couldn't take that DUMBphone lowering my IQ).

Fast-forward a couple months and I'm at an installation bay installing a backup camera on my dad's H2 SUT and I see in the front of store a guy selling unlocked phones and I see a BB 8800 in the window for $150.00 and I jumped at the chance because I figured the phone costed more than that and that guy was selling it dirt cheap and I checked the phone and it worked like a charm and the trackball wasn't even used! I negotiated the price down to $125.00 and the guy threw in a home and car charger.

And that's how my BB love affair started.

Fast-forward about a year and I'm still head-over-heels in love with my 8800 and my best friend tells me that his sister's friend is selling a 8320 for $100 bucks and I jumped at that opportunity because I wanted a BB with wi-fi for fast data speeds and UMA.

Bought the phone and went on cnn.cn and bought a Blue Sapphire Housing w/ Black Keyboard and new Home Keys and Trackball because it was in Pale Gold and let's just say that the gold was not doing it for me being as I'm not Goldmember. LOL

And I currently use and abuse my 8320 but sometimes I cheat on her with my 8800 because it was my first love and I personally like the phone more but I switch back sometimes because of the WIFI and the EDGE network is kind of poor in my neighborhood so my 8320 lucks out everytime but until I stumble onto a 8820 and I will bid my 8320 adieu but in the meantime it's going to have to do.

So thanks for my reading my lengthy but awesome story on how I vowed to never use another phone that isn't a BlackBerry.

ReyRey
    08-26-09 03:47 PM
    I bought my Curve (first smartphone) at the store lol
    08-26-09 04:00 PM
    Drove to USCC, paid $$, then drove away smiling.
    08-26-09 04:02 PM
    Sorry to ask this but I'm curious: What is USCC?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:23 PM
    haha, these are great, guys.
    10-07-09 08:49 PM
    My first berry was a 8350 using boost, but after teh phone broke i had to make a choice, pay now or pay later, so i got a contract after sprint announced the any mobile, and i only pay 20-30 bucks more, but i now have faster data with my 8330 on sprint. Also i got teh phone free using crackberry's store
    10-07-09 09:29 PM
    I have had three BB's gifted unto me by the universe. The first was a 7100t that I found a few years ago, I loved it but the screen went dead and I switched carriers. After a couple years with pos phones that I hated, I came across a pearl. I came out of my house to leave for work one morning and it was lying in my front yard along with a few beer cans. I pick it up and notice it's sticky then look down and see a large pile of puke. I gagged and threw it back down. Any other phone I would have tossed in the garbage, but this was a blackberry! I disinfected it and cleaned it up, bought a new trackball and ring and all was good in the world. A couple of months later a friend tells me he found an 8310 in the middle of the road and offered it to me. I replaced the cracked screen and unlocked it. BAM! My third BB and I love this phone. The pearl is a fun toy, but the curve is the real deal!
    10-08-09 12:34 AM
    I'm not witty enough (or drunk enough) to come up with a good enough clever post so I'll just give my real story.

I started out with an HTC 6800/Mogul on Verizon. I switched to a Touch Pro on Sprint that I won in a contest on twitter thanks to the folks from @WindowsMobile. Unfortunately I wasn't that into it. The battery life was abysmal and I hated the way the e-mail worked. TouchFlo3D was cool but..it was style over substance. It looked pretty but it didn't do a whole lot.

I went to the Sprint store a few months after and decided I wanted a new phone so I checked out the 8330 for a little bit and decided that was the phone for me.

Its been 5 months or so now and I love this phone. It does everything I need and I'll never go back to another OS.
    10-08-09 12:43 AM
    I'm buying one to replace my Pearl that has no OS on it and is broken and will not allow a new one to be loaded.
    10-08-09 02:37 AM
    started on pearl 8130, moved up to curve 8330, didnt like the keyboard, moved back to pearl 8130, upgraded to flip 8230, broke it trying to modify it, purchased a tour 9630, didnt like the keypad, ended up back on a used 8330
    10-08-09 03:46 AM
    I found my 8330 on ebay about two months ago. I took a chance. When it arrived it was in mint condition and had been used, maybe, two weeks. It was a sweet deal and I'm in love.
    10-08-09 06:06 AM
    I haven't bought a phone for myself in over ten years. When I'm due for a new phone, I submit a request at work and once it's approved, it magically appears on my desk. Which reminds me, it's almost that time again! Hmmm... 8900, Bold? Decisions, decisions...
    10-08-09 08:55 AM
    Got mine when Best Buy put them on sale for $19.99. The very next week the price was down to FREE. I went in and got my $20 back. Kept the phone.

A couple weeks later the same Best Buy was selling the 8330m for $80. Now the price has stabilized at $49.99.

All that time, the local Sprint store was selling the same model for $150.
    10-08-09 10:20 AM
284 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD