05-26-10 07:27 AM
284 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Given to me at work for service calls. As building maintenance mechanic I felt it was my duty to immediately disassemble for inspection and added all useful programs.
    08-10-09 05:56 PM
    First curve I got on craigslist traded an lg dare for it then it got water and upgraded to storm then bought my 2nd curve off an old friend till I can get my hands on a tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:01 PM
    I got mine a week ago. In the past, I've had basic cell phones, which were fine for my needs. But over the past year, I've been finding myself increasingly away from internet/email access which was driving me crazy. I wanted to upgrade to something better but assumed BBs would be an overkill, since it would be for personal use. I had been considering the Samsung Instinct until someone suggested it wouldn't hurt to check out a smart phone. After playing with both the Instinct and the Curve at a Sprint store, I knew the Curve was the best choice for me, hands down!
    08-10-09 08:44 PM
    Got my 1st one late Dec 2008 from Craigslist, for only $75--with a 1G microSD card and skin. (It was missing the data cable--no biggie, I have a thousand 5-pin USB cables--and the charger, which I bought on eBay for $15 with a spare battery & cradle-charger.)

I was coming from the Treo 650-680, my latest 680 (a red one) had been stable, but all the prior ones had been horribly prone to lock-ups. So when I saw the Curve for so cheap, a miracle given my small town area, I had to give it a try. The young guy selling even met me at a small school barely mile from where I lived. (Ironically, I found it browsing Craigslist on my Treo 680.)

It was the crimson red-one, and the skin also red--nice match. It had quite a few light scratches, nothing serious. It was so much stable, I was loving life.

Got my 2nd one, a silver one, from eBay fastlanewireless, for $110 last 8-7-2009 (Friday). I added a sea-green skin from ebay eforcity. I had sold my red one about a month earlier when it appeared my "generic" data plan would no longer support it. Wrong--our towers were, apparently, under reconstruction or the like, I used a Treo 650-680 (again) during that period (it worked, but very touch & go, that should've told me it was the service), and was happy last 8-7-2009 (Friday) to see that the Curve still worked on my plan after all.

I never should've sold the red one to begin with, as cheap as I got it, but my silver-one is in nicer shape and better than ever.
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 08-10-09 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    08-10-09 11:16 PM
    I was already with Verizon using that joke of a phone they called "the dare" my family was with qwest. Qwest stopped providing celluar service and everyone had to switch to VZ, I got lucky cause there was a line not being used so I was able to use that line to get my blackberry. Now my whole family uses BB
    08-11-09 12:01 AM
    I had a samsung and wanted something to keep me connected. Went to the store and saw a red curve. Love at first sight, paid $260 without contract. I'm a frequent traveler so I don't mind the price.
    08-11-09 11:49 AM
    recieving a first bb is like christmas!
    08-15-09 12:25 PM
    My first blackberry was an old 8700c. I got that for last Christmas. Like 3 months later, I lost it somewhere. After another 3 months of depressing use of my Mom's old razr, I bought a used 8310 curve from ebay. No it's like my best friend when my real friends aren't around.
    08-15-09 01:28 PM
    My first blackberry was an old 8700c. I got that for last Christmas. Like 3 months later, I lost it somewhere. After another 3 months of depressing use of my Mom's old razr, I bought a used 8310 curve from ebay. No it's like my best friend when my real friends aren't around.
    i second the friend statement,
    08-22-09 09:24 PM
    I refer to my curve as my significant other.

08-22-09 09:27 PM
    My husband has had a BlackBerry for as long as I can remember, mostly for work. After having 2 kids, both with loads of medical conditions ranging from heart disease to Autism I decided with an average of 3 appointments per week between doctors and therapy, plus my hubby's work schedule and my own schedules I needed an organizer. My little assistant has been my best friend!
    08-22-09 09:30 PM
    I wanted an iPhone, and at the time, the cheaper one was like $400 or $600. I was living alone, paycheck to paycheck as a security guard. In other words, I had hardly any money to spare.
    I had no computer, and was forced to use friends' or the library computer to check my email. How supremely ghetto.
    Shame that netbooks had yet to be priced friendly, if even invented at the time.

Anyhoo, I worked a little overtime, cashed my check, and went and got my BlackBerry.

Now I have my iPhone. Yay! And I'm selling my BlackBerry. I have to admit there are some features I miss.

08-22-09 10:11 PM
    Phone Addiction.
    08-22-09 10:16 PM
    I got it for free!

I had a pearl (got it cause I though it was cute).My kids dad had my old chocolate and was due for an up grade. He got the storm and I got the curve for free.

What an exciting story I know.

08-22-09 10:49 PM
    went to get pre saw curve had 200 dollar decided to keep 150 of it lol never looked back
    08-22-09 11:01 PM
    Handed down from my dad. Was only a week old when he decided to move on to an iPhone. Loved it ever since.
    08-23-09 12:03 AM
    Started working my current job in Jan of this year. Got in contact with my service provider's biz rep and he forwarded me a flier that offered a free BB Curve. All I had to do was extend my contract a year. I jumped on it and got one for me and one for my wife. It was a worthwhile investment, 100%
    08-23-09 05:15 AM
    I was looking for things to get or do on my daughter's birthday. Went into Radio Shack, saw they had a deal on my Curve for 19.99, jumped on it for me.
    08-23-09 07:44 AM
    I'd had LG phones for as long as I can remember... I swore I'd never have anything but an LG (and after I had a touch screen I swore I'd never go back to a keypad). My ex-boyfriend put me on his phone plan (dumb move, right) and when I left him I obv. needed to get a new plan. The phone was a POS and my dog had chewed on it. So I went to the Verizon store... didn't see anything I wanted except for the BB Storm... which was too expensive for me at the time. So the guys there convinced me that the Curve was a good choice since I do a lot of internet browsing. I'm glad they did cuz I love it and it never leaves my side... lol. Even when I can upgrade to a Storm I probably won't. :-)))
    08-23-09 04:29 PM
    A lot of my friends had Blackberries and all i had was a crappy LG Rumor. They knew I was a bit jealous. I was kinda like the guy from the Verizon commercial with EnV's. "I make calls, that's it. Do not put that down, i will take it!"
    08-23-09 05:07 PM
    I'm cheap. But, company discount on billing + $50 BB = me ditching the flip-phones!
    08-23-09 05:36 PM
    A friend gave it to me for Christmas
    08-23-09 05:41 PM
    handed down from the girlfriend. just upgraded the OS to 4.5 and now installing apps that i had on the 8800 (yea, i know, old school, but i love that phone.)
    08-23-09 09:27 PM
    I went into U.S cellular to get it after I became obsessed with getting one. I wanted a phone with a full keyboard, no flips, no slides and decent internet capabilities, so the curve became my obsession. I went in to get it at any cost and they told me about their special promo for an upgrade from a dumbphone to a smartphone at your one year mark. I bought it two weeks ago, I haven't looked back and can't put it down. I used to swear by motorolas, now I'm hooked on BB.

Last edited by Kitsunesunset; 08-23-09 at 09:51 PM.
    08-23-09 09:46 PM
    I had a bank job, that was really slow. And my computer didn't have internet. A friend told me he was going to buy the Curve that morning. He loved it. I went that night and bought it. Never will use a different type of phone again. BB for life! <3
    08-23-09 11:34 PM
284 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD