05-26-10 07:27 AM
284 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I've had mine for just about a year. Actually just re-activated it.

I worked for Alltel, and their mgmt team got free smartphones. I already had owned various Treo's (PALM OS and Windows OS). At the time I owned an HTC 6800 (pre-Touch Pro/Diamond coming out) and the only thing left to try was a Berry. So they gave me a Curve, and I'm not even joking on this... I liked it so much after 48hrs I went out and traded my crazy modified (ROM & software & at that time unreleased 6.1 OS) to some dude for a Curve because I didn't want to give mine back after my cycle was done...lol.

Needless to say a few months later I left the company, and have tried out the BB Pearl Flip as well (VERY nice phone, but I prefer my Curve keyboard) and recently played with WinMo 6.5 on my Touch Pro.

A few days ago I decided I had the BB bug again, because of the Tour, so I reactivated my Curve and remembered how much better it was than WinMo (including 6.5 which is a nice OS by the way, but it's not nearly as smooth and data/power efficiant as a RIM device).

So... I'm back... on my original Curve and happy. Now I can't wait for the Divested Alltel Tour to come out so I can have a friend get it to me.
    08-02-09 11:31 PM
    I had my verizon new every 2 upgrade so I decided to give it a try... I don't know how I lived before my curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 11:50 PM
    need new phone after my son dropped my Dash in the toilet
    08-03-09 06:41 PM
    I had been with Verizon for a long time, and my contract ran out several months ago, and I decided not to renew...I was feeling too constrained by the cell phone in my pocket -- and this was just a "dumbphone" -- a Motorola W385. Well, flash forward several months and, with a little prodding from the love interest at the time who was on Sprint, I decided to reconnect to the world of cellular communications. I found the Curve 8330 for free (with free shipping!) online for new activations in May, and I couldn't be happier. I swore that I'd never need all the stuff I can do with my BB, but ya know, now that I actually can do all of that stuff in the palm of my hand, away from my PC....I'm hooked.

The moral? Even as some relationships come to an end, others are born.
    08-03-09 10:44 PM
    I had an ENV (dont laugh!) And I loved it but fortunately for me it fell out of my open purse at the grocery store. Maybe in the vegetable bin cause I never heard it hit!! After being without my cell for a couple of days and using some old beat up clunker, my daughter said I needed a Curve!! My contract was not up with Verizon but my daughter told me she would buy it for me as a Christmas present! What is really funny is that I told her just to get me another ENV!! She is the one that convinced me that a BB was a better choice! OMG I cant believe how in love I am with my phone. It is actually a computer that happens to make phone calls!! I have even influenced 2 others in my office to get one!

08-04-09 04:19 AM
    Fellow CBers, share your story of getting your first BB Curve!

My Story:

I've always been an avid Craig's List browser and I saw the curve. A friend had the pearl and I liked it, but never WANTED it. I finally saved enough money and bought a used Curve 8330 and tossed my beaten up, DUMB phone and replaced it with the king (or should I say queen!) of cell phones. Ever since, I've been crazy about it. I dont share it, or let people hold it, and I spend more money on its accessories than myself! It's like my child!

Oh, Blackberry Curve, how I love you.

STORY TIME!

My story goes something like this. My first bb was the storm which I had 3 wks before I lost the phone twice. I wasn't really happy with the device anyway and wasn't going to spend retal price to buy another one. I started looking on ebay for deals on the curve and decided to give it a shot because it was cheaper and a lot of my friends had it. I had the curve for about seven months and loved it. It really is a great device. Then I moved up to the big boi (tour). All I have to say is that life is really good now. Lol

08-04-09 04:36 AM
    I loooove my BB Curvee
    Last edited by aromero36; 08-04-09 at 04:49 AM. Reason: double post, sorry for the randomness of it :)
    08-04-09 04:42 AM
    I went into the verizon store to solve an issue with my voyager, I ended up somehow leaving with a bb storm.
    Well three storms later (and no info about the Tour) I decided to try out the 8330 because I loved the concept of a blackberry. (And my boyfriends mom has one and she loves it)
    So, long story short, I will never go back to dumb phones again. The 8330 changed my opinion completely on bb (trust me, the storm almost made me go running back to my voyager haha)
    08-04-09 04:44 AM
    I bought my Curve from my brother's co-worker who didn't use the features that make a Blackberry a BLACKBERRY (data, email, gps, apps,etc.). He didn't realize what he had at his fingertips. He wanted to get rid of it and so I bought it off of him for $50. It has been more than a year now & I can't leave my phone anywhere. It has become a part of me and a wierd feeling comes over me when some one asks to borrow or use it.

08-04-09 01:05 PM
    My cousin upgraded to the 8900....gave me his old one...and have been loving it since...i recently had the Pearl Flip...so Im Lovin my Curve
    08-04-09 01:35 PM
    I had just started my new job, i had only had a couple checks, the Sunset Curve immediatly grabbed my attention! Only problem is that it was about 440.00 on retail=o So i had my mother run her credit card and paid 500$ for my phone! The amt. I would spend on my phone is rediculous dont you think?
    Last edited by Berryluv88; 08-04-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Mispelling!
    08-04-09 04:19 PM
    I got my Curve once my dad got a new Curve from his job. He cracked the plastic right in front of the screen with his iPod touch so he got by and got a new one. And, so, I wiped it, removed the IT policy, and put in my SIM!

This actually was the first BB from one of my dad's job that actually kept things like the Service Book entries and other carrier settings.
    08-04-09 05:49 PM
    I (get this!) bought it online! I know right?
    08-04-09 08:11 PM
    bought it off craigslist after what I thought was a cheap price. And it was and the phone condition was great and I love it!
    08-04-09 08:48 PM
    Ordered my wife a new tour from our carrier decided I wanted to check the bb out so aftertalking with a friend thats big into the bb I shopped craigslist and ebay finally found mine on ebay. Been addicted since recieving it!
    08-04-09 08:58 PM
    i have only had mine for a month but how i got it was
    i begged and begged my mom and Verizon was still haveing the deal buy one BB and get one free so we went up there and i was not thinking i was getting one and i did i just have to pay 25 a month for the internet but i thought it was well worth it
    08-04-09 10:51 PM
    My last Sprint upgrade phone...
    x2-same here.. it was the best sprint had to offer and i have never regretted it
    08-05-09 11:51 AM
    My cousin is a phone vendor. We called in an order. He could get it for $49 upgrade. Sprint wanted $99 at the time. Got it in 2 days! Called Sprint and got it activated in 5 min.

I hope to do it again w/ the Tour in December.
    08-05-09 01:10 PM
    I had the Pearl and HATED it. But I didn't realize how much I hated it until it was too late and I couldn't return it. When i tried to update the Pearl to the latest VZW OS release, I bricked my phone. I called VZW to see what could be done and after several attempts to un-brick it, the AWESOME customer service rep... Nicole said she would send me another free of charge. At that point I complained about how much I hated it and that if they would just give me the New every 2 a bit early I would get the Storm which had just come out. Thank God, she couldn't swing that and agreed to send me a Curve instead of the replacement Pearl. So, my first Curve was free and I love it! I don't even want the Storm now.... the Tour is a different story. But I'll wait.....
    08-05-09 02:02 PM
    i got a new girl and came with a new phone...
    lemme upgrade ya
    08-05-09 04:02 PM
    They have them at stores!? Like, a Costco?
    I wanted to upgrade my phone from the rumor. I originally went with the Instinct because it sounded nice and my fiance the curve. After about a week of messing with my phone and his I decided I got the wrong phone. I went back to Sam's Club and exchanged mine for the Curve. I only paid $50 out the door when the Sprint store wanted $200 and they gave you a $100 mail in rebate. I made out. Not to mention that I became avid bb user and will never downgrade!
    08-05-09 04:13 PM

I was a SOLID pearl fan, used to tell my mom (who is on my plan) she would never get my phone cause there would never be a phone I'd like better. I didn't like the largeness of the phone, thought it would be so awkward and hard to hold while talking, etc. I had a co-worker who had the Curve and I did admire it
    so when it was time to upgrade I went into the store, and the appeal of the full keyboard and large screen won me over. I text more than talk anyway. Plus it is SO CUTE! Also helped that I had 14 days to play around, if I didn't like it I could take it back.
    So yeah, fell in love with it, actually didn't take me long to have it feel comfortable in fact if it's NOT in my hand I feel a little lost and talking with it is fine.
    And yes, mom got the pearl even though she teased me about what I said...and when I look at it now it feels so small! lol.

08-05-09 04:43 PM
    I always wanted a blackberry but never got one because it never had a camera. That is why i always had the motorola Q, until the curve finally came out for Verizon. Now I'm big on complaining to Verizon about my phones..... So I did just that!!! I complained about my motorola Q and told them I am fed up with it and asked for the curve 8330 and they told me to go to a Verizon store, to give them my Motorola Q and in return I got a Blackberry curve 8330!!!
    08-05-09 05:24 PM
    I have been using a Treo WX... for a year or two and loved the smartphone. Had been looking at BB on ebay for a while but just couldn't swing the cash. When Verizon bought Alltel we had the option to convert out recenrly renewed Alltel contracts to Verizon and get a $30 discount on ant phone. So my wife and I each got A curve 8330 for $20 after rebate and discount!! I was addicted the first day...I love my BB!
    08-10-09 03:45 PM
    Traded phones with a friend that said Blackberries were just too much.
    08-10-09 05:18 PM
284 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD