05-26-10 07:27 AM
284 12345 ...
tools
    I went to alltel store dead set on gettin htc. I'm on a mission. The store clerk kept talking bout the bb curve. I'm like uh huh. Uh huh. Whatever I want an htc. Well then he shows me floor model, with a cracked screen. (Apparently someone had smashed it into display holders face first). I told him that it probably wasn't too smart to show me a broken phone that I didn't want.
    Well to my amazement it. The screen came on. Crisp display. And since I'm working as mechanic. I knew if it could survive that. It was my phone.
    turns out a lot of the guys who had htc at work. Didn't like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:29 PM
    It was time for an upgrade so.....Sprint had a good deal and I couldnt pass up on it. Jus wish I would have waited a week later because I could have gotten the orange one lol....
    07-26-09 01:30 PM
    oddly enough, my mother found my first curve.

It was in a parking lot of a shopping mall....during the winter. Half in snow. She brought it home and wasnt sure if it was working or not. I checked it out and it turning on....but had no information on it. It must've been a corporate issue and remote wiped it or something cause it had zero contact info on it.

After that i decided hey why not, i got myself an email plan and fell in love with BB all over again ( i had a 7290 back in the days ) now im using a company issued curve on my own....
    07-26-09 01:56 PM
    It was time for an upgrade so.....Sprint had a good deal and I couldnt pass up on it.
    Same here...I was looking between the HTC Touch Pro (i've got TONS of WM apps), the Pre, and the curve.

Touch Pro...didn't want another crappy WM OS with a really nice skin, the Pre is too new and the $199 kind of turned me off.

The Curve...$50 bucks for a quality, reliable phone. SOLD!

Now the thing...my wife wants one after playing with mine!
    07-26-09 02:13 PM
    I got mine for free when switching carriers. It my 4th berry

07-26-09 02:21 PM
    well. my brother died and i inherited it :/
    07-26-09 02:22 PM
    My brother bought it and didn't like it. So now I have it
    07-26-09 02:26 PM
    I upgraded from an LG enV Orange, I loved the Qwerty keyboard it had but didn't use it's features much. I decided to try a BB Curve out of curiosity and felt a flash of remorse in the first few minutes after activation but it didn't take long to "get it" and now I'm hooked, I'm using this darn thing all of the time! If I'm not on my BB, I am on the computer checking out the BB sites on the net.
    07-26-09 02:51 PM
    These stories are great!

I love my bb 8330. I've never had another bb, but I'm head over heels.

07-26-09 06:40 PM
    The Curve is my first BB. I read quite a few reviews on it. And just decided it was the phone for me. I haven't looked back since.

07-26-09 09:20 PM
    the battery went dead on my V9M razor. stopped at alltel store for a battery. my little brother just bought a 8330 n loved it so i splurged.. an glad i did.. i text alot and information hungary..
    07-26-09 09:26 PM
    Was a Palm Treo user and then a Palm Centro user for 5-6 years. When I began my current job about 2 and-a-half years ago, they only supported blackberry for email connectivity. I started with a World edition, then moved to a pearl, and realized that I wanted the full keyboad and cameral. I upgraded to the curve, and have not looked back.
    07-26-09 09:44 PM
    Did an Upgrade from my Moto Q to the Blackberry

Dont know if that was a story *shrugs shoulders*
    07-27-09 07:23 AM
    Very exotic methodology. Got Amazon.com to send me one.
    07-27-09 11:42 AM
    Tried to get a Pre. All the stores where sold out in my area.
    I got put on a waiting list for a Pre. So I decided to keep my Centro and buy and iPod Touch. Just have a 2 device combo. A few days later my Centro went nuts. I went looking for Pre's again. I went to a radio shack, and I saw a Berry looking at me like the money from the Geico commercial. I bought the Grey berry. It's a nice phone that's grown on me the more I use it.
    07-27-09 12:37 PM
    The phone truly has grown on me too. I'd never look back either, like everyone else says.

07-27-09 12:48 PM
    I bought my 8320 from a buddy of mine who was upgrading to the 8900. I used a pearl 8100 before. I love my curve. I love BBs and won't use any other smart phone. That's my "story".

07-27-09 12:51 PM
    Ichose the curve on a whim and I am glad I did! I've had mine less than a week and I'm in love with it. It does everything and more plus the orange is sexy.

07-27-09 01:32 PM
    I had an LG Dare and I got into my truck one day without taking it out of my front pocket. I sat down and began to drive and then realized "Oh! I need to take my phone out of my pocket!" Took it out to find a shattered screen and a useless phone...

So I called insurance on it and searched around craigslist for a more durable phone that I could buy for around the same I could sell the Dare for. I ended up selling the Dare for $200 and getting my Curve for $120! Make $80 and get addicted to BlackBerry all at once! SCORE!

Now I'm on the Storm but I have a lot of respect for the Curve. I guess you could say that it showed me the way. It showed me the awesomeness that is BB. I now want a Tour. Partially for the speed, memory, etc but also as a homage to my dear Curve since they are quite similar.
    07-27-09 01:57 PM
    I basically been lookin up the 8330 for weeks at a time, finally just went to the sprint store and picked one up. Loved mine ever since.

07-27-09 02:07 PM
    I had a pearl then the vibrator slowly died on my from so many txt and the track finally fell out so I had to upgrade to the 8330
    07-27-09 07:07 PM
    VZW got tired of my whining and sent me a Curve,...lol I wanted a tour but will wait for the bugs to get tweaked, Its like my son I waste all kinds of money on apps!!! ughh i am addicted as well
    07-27-09 07:39 PM
    Here's my story and it's not interesting like some of your stories are. All my life I have always had a dumbphone. I remember when RIM used to have those pager looking thingies, they seem cool at that time but I never actually had the chance to get one since I knew they were expensive. So like half a year ago, my friend from NYC had a Curve 8320 and showed it to me and I told him "I don't like it". Then my other friend from NYC wanted the phone because my other friend got an iPhone to work on TMobile. A few months ago, my cousin traded his Sidekick 2008 for the Curve 8320. I started to have the chance to play around with it more and more. The more I play around with the phone, the more I started to realize that indeed I enjoyed the phone. A few weeks later, my cousins girl cut off his phone and he only used it to play his MP3s in his car. I asked him "what are you going to do with your Blackberry". He said "nothing why? You want to buy it? I said "yes, how much?". He said "give me $100 smackroos(he actually didn't say that but I just like the word LOL) and pay me when you have the money. So the love for my Curve 8320 began and ever since then I've been in love with the phone. Whoever said people can't fall in love in a few months is wrong. I was so enjoying my BB that a lady from work played with my phone that now she owns one and she's always asking me about apps, themes, wallpaper, and etc. I'm her BB tech guy. I love my Blackberry Curve 8320 and so does she. ILY BB
    07-27-09 08:19 PM
    First I had a Palm Treo 650, then a MOTO Q . As soon as possible I upgraded to an 8330 and have never looked back. I soon d/l'ed Viigo among other things and now my girlfriend wants to dress like one! I imagine she is trying to tell me something.........
    Last edited by Bossier1; 07-27-09 at 09:44 PM.
    07-27-09 09:42 PM
    I remember I wanted a Moto Q at first, but after reading review after review, I went for the bb

07-28-09 12:37 PM
284 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD