got mine through chance at tmobile and fell in love with them after
    01-05-10 06:20 PM
    rogers phoned me about a special free hardware upgrade and bb 8320 curve was the better of my choices. and i love it.
    01-05-10 06:32 PM
    Had 'dumb' phones for quite a few years and was getting nickel and dimed thru my carrier for web access and apps...BB service was only about $10 more a month than what I was paying so I jumped in and will never go back.
    01-05-10 11:30 PM
    I've been wanting one for a while, but my wife didn't think I needed one. I even searched CB for some ammo to help explain my reasons. Then a buddy of mine told me it was always "easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". Bringing it home was interesting, but it's true. It was easier that way and has benefited us on several occassions when we're out looking at something and wanted to check the web.
    01-06-10 11:00 AM
    My son took my 8700 soooo, i had to get a curve and i love it!!!!!!
    01-06-10 12:12 PM
    Then a buddy of mine told me it was always "easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". Bringing it home was interesting, but it's true.
    I have always believed that. I bet it was interesting bringing the BB home. A few years back I decided to buy a new F150. Went out to get a movie and came home with a new truck. That was interesting.

The way we ended up with our 8330s:
    I kicked it around for a couple years as something that would be nice to have, but couldnt justify the cost= want vs. need. Wife ended up with a new job, self employed consultant. She mentioned one day that a PDA would make her life a little easier. I asked about BB, being that it was a PDA + more. She said "okay". We were due for upgrades through Verizon anyhow, and they had a BOGO deal running. Not knowing if it would fit our needs we decided not to drop a whole lot of cash at first, and the 8330s were the right price, so this is how we ended up with them. Plan is now double what it used to be but, screw it.
    01-06-10 01:07 PM
    Well my first blackberry was the Curve 8300 and the reason why I got it was because at the time I worked for At&t loved it... I currently have a Curve 8330 wit Sprint love Sprint... Much better than At&t.. I love my curves but kinda have my eye on the Blackberry tour 2 a.k.a Essex!!! We shall c.. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 06:04 PM
    I just decided that I wanted one, and went and got it. So far, NO REGRETS with the phone !!!!!
    01-06-10 06:22 PM
    Bought it from Sprint for $50. Good investment thus far.

01-06-10 09:04 PM
    I got a Pearl from Costco for a penny with a T-Mobile contract, right about the time when Apple released the iPhone. I couldn't justify the cost of that, so downloaded the iBerry from this site a little later. I started liking more and more of what I could do with the Pearl. A coworker got the iPhone and has replaced it twice since then while I was still on the same Pearl. I ended up getting rid of the iBerry theme and downloaded much better themes.

Just last week a friend upgraded her 8320 Curve to the new Tour. I was jealous but then she offered me her old Curve. Now, I liked my Pearl but I never realized how much better the Curve would have been until now. My friend keeps complaining to me about her battery life on her Tour dying after a few hours...there is no way she's getting her Curve back.
    01-06-10 09:46 PM
    after using crappy palm phones for years i decided to listen to a blackberry expert and went with the curve and i have never looked back! and yes rachel0179 i also bought mine at a store!
    01-07-10 12:41 PM
    Up until a year ago, I'd always had a "dumb phone." I did a lot of texting and wanted better email access, and those phones just weren't cutting it. Not to mention the fact that I always hated my phone after just a year of having it, and had to wait another year to upgrade. I took this to mean that I needed to take it up a notch. I went into the store (now Verizon, but was then Alltel) and saw the pink Pearl and knew I had to have it. lol So last January I bought it, and honestly really loved it. I actually liked the SureType and feel I texted faster on it (after getting myself acclimated to it of course). I also loved the size and the way it fit in my hand. I'm very tiny - barely 5'1 and very small build - and I felt that anything bigger like the Curve would look ridiculously huge in my hands.

My sister and niece had bought the Curve 8330 just a couple months before and would always tell me how much I'd like one of those better. In the end, I ended up giving in and exchanging my Pearl for a Curve 8330, mostly for the simple reason that I wanted a bigger screen. I can't say it made me realize that I disliked the Pearl, because I still miss things about it, but I do think the Curve meets my needs and wants better. Overall it's been a very reliable phone and a great entry level device! I'm up for an upgrade in March and will be getting the Tour 2. The Curve (and Pearl) really got me hooked on BlackBerrys.
    01-07-10 02:03 PM
    Got it at work, the company thought it could be used to track work orders with "Workspeed" but hey did not hire anyone to manage and did not pay for the engineering tracking software so it does not do what they thought it would. But for me the device works great it is a wonderful toy i spend much time abusing for my personal use. The only drawback is a small keypad. If they could make one like the Pantech Reveal they would fly off the shelves.
    01-07-10 04:29 PM
    Fellow CBers, share your story of getting your first BB Curve!

My Story:

I've always been an avid Craig's List browser and I saw the curve. A friend had the pearl and I liked it, but never WANTED it. I finally saved enough money and bought a used Curve 8330 and tossed my beaten up, DUMB phone and replaced it with the king (or should I say queen!) of cell phones. Ever since, I've been crazy about it. I dont share it, or let people hold it, and I spend more money on its accessories than myself! It's like my child!

Oh, Blackberry Curve, how I love you.

STORY TIME!
    I got my first Curve because another device failed on me. I had an AT&T Tilt. I had so many problems with it that I could stand it anymore. I went to the Sprint store and bought an 8330. Ever since then I have had a fascination with BBs. I believe that the 8330 with 4.5 OS is one of the best BBs if all-time. The look, feel, build, and capabilities are great. Its everything you need in a messaging device. Actually, when it comes to messaging. RIM hasn't improved on it much. Everytime I see someone with an 8300 series BB, I begin to miss mine. I have a 9700 now and it is arguably the best BB to date, but I am still partial to my old 8330. I never once had any issues with it. The first smartphone that I had ever owned that didn't have any issues. That is truly amazing. Because I don't really use my BB for anything other than productivity, the 8330 would still fit my needs. If I had to, I would use it again.

01-09-10 07:01 AM
    I first bought a Pearl and my sister a Curve and we love our phones, but she always told me to get a Curve. Then the Gemini was released, she bought it and gave me her Curve as a gift. That's when I realized what I was missing

01-09-10 09:52 PM
    I first got a curve for my fiance and I about a year ago when a rep at Sprint recommended it. She said she loved her phone. My sister had a pearl before and absolutely hated it, because it gave her alot of problems, so because I had that in mind, and because I had owned a HTC touch before and I really loved the way HTC portrayed the weather (I know weird), I exchanged my curve the next day without really giving it a chance. My fiance stayed with his. Ofcourse the HTC would lag too much, I had to exchange it a couple of times because the sliding keyboard would stop working, and it ran out of battery way fast. I was not a happy camper.

My fiance, on the other hand, was smitten with his curve and I was green with envy. At work when they would ask me what phone should we buy for the boss', right away I recommended Blackberry. Blackberries have nextel capability with the functionality of an office at your fingertips. My boss even went and bought a Palm after having a curve, and it wasn't the same either. She went back and got a curve again.

Furthermore, I played alot with my fiance's phone and used it every chance I got.

One day I got on craiglist, posted my HTC up for trade for a blackberry curve, a sweet girl said she'd trade, and the rest is history.

I love my blackberry, and I wouldn't trade blackberry again.
    01-10-10 12:52 PM
    I got mine 2 weeks ago after I found out I was eligible for an upgrade. I had an "antique". I am still getting used to it since I have not had a phone like this before. My significant other, had an iphone and he misses his iphone. But I will give this a try.
    01-10-10 03:00 PM
    I got approved via Tranzmobile to get a free Samsung Smooth - didn't like it much and decided to switch to a Blackberry...seen a Pink Curve 8330 and was like "OH PINK!!!" and bought it on the Verizon site.
    01-10-10 05:34 PM
    Once you go Black, you never go back...
    Berry that is!

05-22-10 09:07 AM
    My husband is in the Air Force & they gave him a Curve as his work cell. He asked me to set up all his contacts for him & I just couldn't put the thing down. Luckily it was time for me to get an upgrade with Sprint anyway. I rushed right out and picked up my very own Curve and it's been Berry love ever since. As soon as my upgrade gets here in Nov I may even upgrade to the 9650...
    05-22-10 10:47 AM
    My first BlackBerry was the Pearl 8100 from AT&T, i didn't like it, I was used to Windows based phones. The keypad was too small and I didn't like the alphabetic arrangement. I sold it to a friend.

Now I have a Curve 8330 from Boost Mobile & I love it! I thought I'd have trouble getting used to it but it's actually pretty easy to use. I only wish that there was more internal app memory. Other than that, it's great.
    05-22-10 04:25 PM
    i got my 8330 when boost started the 60 buck blackberry plan, i love my 8830 with the hybrid OS on it
    05-23-10 12:59 AM
    I got my 8330 off of ebay back in Jan of this year to be a temporary replacement of my 8830 until my upgrade which was in April, however after getting the S2 (for the second time) i have decided to stay with my 8330 and will wait till later this year to decide on a new bb.
    05-23-10 07:59 AM
    I had an upgrade with AT&T, and got my first 8300. I was blown away, the curve was the backbone of RIM's lineup for a couple of years-solid devices.
    05-23-10 08:23 AM
    I chased it head first into the can and was when I pushed the power switch and it came on. I looked up at him in dismay, he just grinned and said "enjoy it"..................I am ....$10 for a new t-ball
    05-23-10 09:33 AM
284 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD