When I see an OTA link in the forum , how can i download the file ? should I type the whole link in my BB browser ?

Thanks
    06-03-10 10:47 AM
    OTA links are supposed to be accessed on the BlackBerry Browser.
    Just navegate to the link usin your BlackBerry and click it. The download screen should show right after that.

As alternative, you can send yourslef the link via email, so you don't have to navegate/type that much.
    06-03-10 11:25 AM
    But this did not help. here is the story, in a page here for Free thems I found a ref to an OTA download : MyBBOTA.com Download - Red Today 4.6, which led me to the 2nd URL
    http://www.mybbota.com/Red%20Today%2...oday%204.6.jad
    when I posted that one in my BB, and the browser navigated for a while, it gets back with a message that I am not allowd to that site.

Did I do something wrong ? or the site is not allowed for some reason although it is free!!

Thanks
    06-03-10 12:54 PM
    But this did not help. here is the story, in a page here for Free thems I found a ref to an OTA download : MyBBOTA.com Download - Red Today 4.6, which led me to the 2nd URL
    http://www.mybbota.com/Red%20Today%2...oday%204.6.jad
    when I posted that one in my BB, and the browser navigated for a while, it gets back with a message that I am not allowd to that site.

Did I do something wrong ? or the site is not allowed for some reason although it is free!!

Thanks
    So, I sent myself the link so I didn't have to type it on my bb (as I told you to do).

And just as expected, when I click the download link (the jad file from your second link) I get the OTA download page.

I don't know what you're doing wrong pal.
    06-03-10 01:37 PM
    I really appreciate your help. I did exactly what you did and then copy and paste the link from the email meassage to the browser. the result is the same
    " HTTP error 403 " Forbidden . You are not authorized to view this page"

It does not say ' page does not exsist .

May ne I should register to " Mybbota' first ?
    06-03-10 02:16 PM
    I am not registered to Mybbota. And as you could see, I maanged to get to the download page just fine.

Instead of copy/paste, why didn't you just click the link in the email? This one, MyBBOTA.com Download - Red Today 4.6 and follow from there?

EDIT: Hang on a second. Is your browser set to emulate anything? OTA will not work over emulation. Set it back to BlackBerry if it is!
    06-03-10 02:21 PM
    Thanks to you, I knew what i was doinh wrong. I was clicking the send URL ( the one ends with .jad) and not the first one.

Know I did download the link but do not know how where to find the theme and use it /
    06-03-10 02:35 PM
    Thanks to you, I knew what i was doinh wrong. I was clicking the send URL ( the one ends with .jad) and not the first one.

Know I did download the link but do not know how where to find the theme and use it /
    Options > Themes
    06-03-10 03:09 PM
    A little late but someone else may benefit from this link:

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

That link covers both OTA downloads, PC downloads and then installing to the BB, and how to use/find themes on your BB. One thing that really needs to be highlighted here - Themes that are downloaded but do NOT show up in Themes are due to OS differences ie. you download a Theme for the 8520 and you are running OS4.6, make absolutely sure that the theme is not for OS 5.0. If it is, you will never see it listed in the Themes section.
    06-03-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD