I have just received a blackberry Curve 8310 and have inserted memory card having contacts from previous mobile handset which was Nokia E90 but I do not know how to make use of that memory card.
    10-16-08 07:34 AM
    Keep in mind that on a BB, it's called a media card and rightly so. The card use on a BB is designed for storing music, pictures, movies, voice notes, ringtones, wallpaper, etc. It is not designed to be a quasi-harddrive where application data can be stored.

I don't believe you can do what you want to do. One solution is to sync the contact information to a PIM supported by Desktop Manager and them import the data to your BB.
    10-16-08 08:01 AM
    wnm is correct that you can't directly use the contacts on the media card. You can use Mass Storage Mode to copy the file to your PC. Once on the PC, and depending on how the file is formatted (hopefully tab-delimited or CSV) you may be able to import them into Outlook and sync them to your BlackBerry.

Here's how to use Mass Storage Mode:

Status / Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop files to/from the BlackBerry to your PC.
    10-16-08 09:07 PM
    @WNM

It can be used to load apps directly to your mobile phone also if you have the App from Aerize, you drag cod files in your media card and you can load them from there!
    10-17-08 06:53 AM
    @WNM

It can be used to load apps directly to your mobile phone also if you have the App from Aerize, you drag cod files in your media card and you can load them from there!
    Anyone considering Aerize Card Loader should read this comprehensive review by Forums Moderator Pete6 first: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/aer...-review-60919/
    10-17-08 07:08 AM
    I think the Nokia (using Symbian OS) allows you to store and access data on the card, unlike the BB. So the only way to get the contacts off the card and into the BB is the way JeffH describes.

There is also an ASCII sync in DM.
    10-17-08 08:21 AM
    i had a similar problem...
    i've managed to copy all my contacts to my outlook but now if i want to sync my blackberry with my outlook or actually want to do anything while conneted to my laptop, it tells me i need to be connected to the internet...
    allthough my laptop is connected to the internet!!!
    i've tried to reload the software and it didn't help...

anybody that can help me??

please.

even the service provider can't help me...

i just want to get my contacts on my blackberry...
    09-29-09 01:03 PM
    What version of DM are you using? If it's 4.7 or 5.0, try DM 4.6. It doesn't attempt to connect to the internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 03:43 PM
    Could anyone suggest a way to import contacts from media card to bb contacts...i use a mac and have tried using mass storage but unable to access media card contacts?? I have just upgraded from nokia to bb and all my contacts are in the media card...i can add em but one by one....

Thanks
    03-25-10 03:59 PM
    If you still have your Nokia, and if it has anyway to sync with Microsoft Outlook, sync your data from the Nokia to Outlook, then from Outlook to your BlackBerry. If you don't have Outlook and don't want to use it, borrow a friend's computer long enough to copy your info over.

There may be other solutions, the foregoing is just one.
    03-25-10 07:00 PM
    Kindlly help me
    contact transfer from memory sim to blackberry Z10
    Thanks
    10-10-13 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD