Hi. I have a blackberry curve 8530 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to turn the flash on. I can't figure it out, and my pictures are coming out dark. Thank you for your help.
    pinkie (a former owner of a pink blackberry pearl)
    04-30-10 12:27 PM
    There is no flash on the 8530.
    04-30-10 12:34 PM
    Look on the back of the curve. While your old pearl had what looks like a glass lens about 1 cm diagonally alongside a little hole, the curve only has the little hole. The yellow-copper lens thing is the flash, which for some reason was removed from the 8530. Sorry, but I don't know why RIM did that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 12:46 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know that when I bought it. That's kind of silly, now isn't is especially since my pics are coming out dark? Hmmm....good to know....
    04-30-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know that when I bought it. That's kind of silly, now isn't is especially since my pics are coming out dark? Hmmm....good to know....
    Yeah most phones...in fact all of them, don't really support Flash.

This summer/fall, they will....you'll need a new phone though.
    04-30-10 01:14 PM
    Yeah most phones...in fact all of them, don't really support Flash.

This summer/fall, they will....you'll need a new phone though.
    The OP is talking about camera flash, not Adobe Flash.
    04-30-10 01:46 PM
    If you are within thirty days just take it back and get like the 9650 or 9700.
    04-30-10 04:56 PM
    yeah because a blackberry's flash is usually very powerful. I use it as a flashlight in emergencies (like power going out, which seems to happen often here...)
    04-30-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD