I've got a Roger's Red Curve and the 6gb data plan, the salesman said it's a great deal (which I don't discount) but I've tried to put a dent into my data usage and only managed 30mb one month.
    I can't get out of the plan and frankly there's nothing that really compares to it, 500mb for 25$, not really an improvement.

I'm paying for this data, any suggestions on how I can get my value for it?
    02-27-09 11:48 AM
    go to m.crackberry.com on your blackberry. Then scroll down and get the crackberry launcher. Now you will use some real data broswing the forums on your phone.
    02-27-09 12:10 PM
    I have verizon and I think its 5gbs and I've been online trying to see how much data I can use for the past month and I'm not even close to a gig

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:12 PM
    Start downloading large .exe files to your phone
    I use my Curve to download software THEN transfer it to pc.
    BB Desktop Manager, Device Software, Limewire.

You can also go to YouTube Mobile or mp3raid.com
    02-27-09 12:20 PM
    go to m.crackberry.com on your blackberry. Then scroll down and get the crackberry launcher. Now you will use some real data broswing the forums on your phone.
    Browsing the forums will use up that much data? Yeah, ok buddy.

02-27-09 12:43 PM
    tether - YOU WILL BURN THROUGH YOUR DATA!!!!!
    02-27-09 12:56 PM
    Does that mean you also feel compelled to use up all your talk time minutes each month, so you get the most value for what you are paying?
    02-27-09 01:27 PM
    I have the 6 Gb data plan too.

Last year, a 1.5 Mb BIS plan was $15 plus $10 Mb over limit. Using under 3 Mb would have cost $30 anyway. The revolution in pricing came to Rogers with the iPhone. Rogers bowed to pressure from Apple and BlackBerry data came along for the ride.
    02-27-09 01:30 PM
    I agree with Bunky. Tether to your laptop on ther road or at home. I tether my connection over to my Nokia N800 to do "real" browsing complete with flash, while I'm on the road for work. I use Nicotine (Soulseek - Slsknet - File sharing software) and download music to my 16GB SD card.

02-27-09 01:38 PM
    I visit the forums everyday, if you do that alone you won't even crack 200mb, the most I did in a month was 390mb becuz I didjnt have internet at the time for my pc

02-27-09 01:42 PM
    Browsing the forums will use up that much data? Yeah, ok buddy.

I'll explain what I meant. I wasnt implying that the OP would use all thier data up. Simply implying that they would spend alot of time on the wap forums. That better, buddy?
    02-27-09 01:54 PM
    I downloaded some themes, and some other stuff, and the most i've ever used up was 17.5 mb...
    02-27-09 02:01 PM
    I don't have a regular internet connection at home, so I do use tethering with my BB. It still doesn't use a tremendous amount of data, mainly because I get tired of the slow download speeds.
    02-27-09 02:34 PM
    Go to seeqpod and dl songs lol

02-27-09 03:17 PM
    I use slacker radio, browse this site, use viigo, and I use a podtrapper. I use between 500 megs and 2 gigs a month depending.

02-27-09 04:04 PM
    switch to the rogers $35 value pack with 500mb it comes with unltd txt/pic/video msg, caller id, voicemail, and who called its a way better deal.
    02-27-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD