Hey there! I have a quick question...I am a newbie here and just bought a new blackberry curve 8330.

I just downloaded few ringtones from this site (Crackberry.com) and they are now saved as MP3 files onto my computer. How should I transport them to my blackberry? Please help...

My assumption is that I import the ringtones through my USB cable that came with my phone and insert my micro card in...I might wrong.

Please show me in steps if possible...

Thanks a bunch you guys!
    08-01-09 11:23 AM
    thats exactly how you do it. Plug BB in, and drag and drop files to the proper folder
    08-01-09 11:32 AM
    The first time you put the media card in the phone you should get the option to format it, say yes so the BB OS will put the correct folders on the card. After that go into Options>Memory and set Mass Storage Mode Support to on and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected to yes.

After that when you connect your phone via the USB cable you can copy paste your sound files to the music or ringtone folders however you like.

If you have DM installed and or Roxio Media Manager you can do similar stuff too
    08-01-09 11:56 AM
    I just email them and save to the sd card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:41 PM
    I emailed my ringtones and selected them to the contact I wanted but they do not play. What's up with that?
    08-01-09 12:57 PM
    I get most of mine from www.zedge.net you have to register, its Free, and then all tones are Free. You can then send them to your phone by text or email right from the site! It works great, simple and easy!
    08-01-09 01:01 PM
    Step 1

Download and install the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software. To do so, insert the CD that came with your phone into your computer. Your computer should detect it and begin running the install automatically. You may have to choose where to place the software--either on your C: drive or Desktop will work.

Step 2

Insert the memory card into your Blackberry Curve. Once the software has installed, connect the Curve to your PC with a USB cord.

Step 3

Run the Desktop Manager Software. Select the "Media Manager" option.

Step 4

A pop-up box will appear. Select which storage device you would like to place the music on (memory card).

Step 5

Navigate to your music files on your computer. Transfer them to the music folder on the card.

I hope your problem will solve soon. Good luck!
    08-01-09 01:32 PM
    Of all the methods that have been discussed here, I feel it's important to note that you should not install the DM with the Roxio software attached--it's a horrid donky of a program. Just use Windows Explorer
    08-01-09 01:36 PM
    Thank you guys! It works now...

Cheers!

p.s. Will come up with more questions for me to get some help from you all helpful peeps!
    08-01-09 04:18 PM
    I am also new here, I actually have not recieved my phone yet. I want to get ringtones for my phone but I dont know about the best way in getting them on my phone. Do i download them to the computer and then put them on a memory card, and if so where do i put them on my memory card so that I will be able to use them as a ringtone. Thanks for all your help.

-Ashley
    08-01-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD