I am getting a blackberry for the first time next week, I do not have a business email account that has blackberry support, what is my best and quickest method of getting my email?

I use a work account and gmail, should I just set all emails to forward/redirect to my blackberry email address?

I have heard there is a gmail programme but I think I will be on a limited data tarrif so prob shouldnt have something running at all times.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please I am only guessing.
    06-13-07 05:34 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Best option is to set it up to receive your GMail emails! You'll get them instantly. You can log into your carriers website, and add it there, or from the device (setup internet blackberry email)...
    06-13-07 05:40 PM
    Thanks

Sorry is this different from the google app that you can download and run in the background?

What in effect does this mean....does the blackberry go and check that email account at regular intervals?
    06-14-07 06:30 AM
    GMail is 'push' mail. Meaning, as soon as it hits your GMail account, it's 'pushed' to your BlackBerry - instantly! There is also the GMail software, but you have to manually check it (I believe, not sure if there is a timed check setting). It basically gives you the GMail interface, on your device - but who would want that? Rhetorical, of course...
    06-14-07 06:44 AM
    I agree. I have gmail and I get my mail instantly, which rocks. Works well, and easy to set it up too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-07 07:57 AM
    thanks again, i wasnt clear on the difference....yeah! why would you not just use the push one?
    06-14-07 08:28 AM
    Ok I get my curve next week, I have transfered my personal email to googlemail and i am getting my work email forwarded/redirected to the googlemail address also.

What do I do now on a practical level to keep the two seperate, I am happy enough to have them all arrive in the same inbox but to |I have to set up different 'from' addresses in the googlemail settings or do i wait and do that on the device itself....i very clueless to this, I should prob wait until i actually get the phone but i just wanted to be ready.
    06-15-07 08:44 AM
    Scary process, but let's talk about the work one.

1. Create a new GMail account...
    2. Forward emails from work to that GMail account...
    3. Add an alias address in GMail, and it should show a from address of [email protected]
    4. Setup the new GMail address on your service providers website...
    5. When you send emails, or reply to work emails it will look like this:
    06-15-07 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD