Currently I only have a hotmail account and am trying to find a way to get email through my new phone. I have seen people with emails @blackberry.com or something similar... I went through set up on the phone and it seemed as though I only could set up a work email that has a server set up already.
    Any way I can get the hotmail to go straight into my messages box? Or set up another account somewhere that would do the same?
    06-24-09 12:53 AM
    Well I have a Storm but if I go in Email Setup, it gives me an option to create a new blackberry account.
    06-24-09 12:58 AM
    Go to the settings folder and open manage internet email. This will take you to your provider's email setup page. Follow the directions there to add your hotmail to your BlackBerry. You should also have the option to create an @blackberry email account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 01:10 AM
    I am using ATT if it makes any difference.
    I have no "settings" folder. I have an options, couldn't find anything in there, and a setup wizard.
    When I go to setup I have an option to "email setup", once I choose that it says "select an email option" and my only option is "I want to use a woirk email with a blackberry enterprise server".
    I am wondering if I am having trouble because I don't actually have the blackberry data plan, I have the basic data plan that seems to work for everything else but I am having a **** of a time with this email. Any suggestions anyone?
    06-24-09 01:57 AM
    Bump.
    Im getting this too.
    No sure what to do. Any help?
    08-04-09 11:15 AM
    Yeah... I think you need a BB plan to use that feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD