As the title states, I was curious if it was possible to set a password prompt for the phone only after you are trying to return it from standby mode. I've never set a password on my phone, so I am afraid to make any moves. My luck, I will lock the phone with a password I never knew existed. Thanks in advanced!
    03-06-09 05:35 PM
    Go to Options - Security Options - General - the first option you can move for disable/enable
    It will then prompt you to add a password and you can make it anything you want
    Hope that's what you meant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 05:46 PM
    You can change the number of password attempts and whether it locks upon holstering. Keep in mind that if you leave it set at ten attempts and you forget your password...it will wipe your device back to factory defaults after you eneter the password wrong ten times. Its good to do regular backups weekly.
    03-06-09 06:33 PM
    Password is set, but after taking the phone off of standby mode. It never prompts for a password. Just restores as usual.
    03-06-09 07:46 PM
    I'm not sure on how to do that or if there's an option or a third party app but you could set the timeout to like a minute and it'll auto-lock.

03-06-09 07:48 PM
    Yea, I'd prefer to always have the phone with no password, but certain times I want to "lock" it and i felt like standby mode would have this feature. Anybody have any ideas or recommendations?
    03-06-09 07:49 PM
    I'm not sure but I think I saw an app that would put the phone on lock when it entered stanby.

03-06-09 07:51 PM
    Anybody? I'm a little desprate to say the least.

03-07-09 06:02 PM
    Nope. There's no lock for Standby. Just use the Lock Keyboard feature and you will get prompted for a password if you have one enabled.
    03-07-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD