How can I save documents (or photos) on the memory card? Once saved, how can I open the file from the SD card? Specifically,
    (a) If I have an email with an attached document, say word file, how can I save it to the SD card after downloading the attachment? Similary, how can I save an attached picture to the memory card?
    (b) Once saved in the memory card, how can I open the documents on my phone?

I know one way to do the above is to take the card out and save the files on it using my desktop or laptop. The question is how to do it without taking it out from the phone and without using the desktop manager? Is that possible? I assume it should be. How?

Thanks.
    03-30-09 05:35 PM
    Most things will ask you where to save it... your camera has it in it's options > Store Pictures: On Media Card. And Media viewer/player will look at your SD card automatically.

You can always connect your BB to your PC to see what is on your SD card... depending on what you save onto your SD card, you will need some type of program that works with that attachment to open it again... Doc-to-Go works for Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets and PDF's... videos, pictures, music and voice notes, you can used Media player... etc.
    03-30-09 07:13 PM
    Thanks for the information.
    03-30-09 11:37 PM
    I have a question in the oppisite direction.
    Is there a way to save locked, stock device memory items to an SD card?

Long story short, I want to transfer some of the sample videoes from one BB to another. As for blluetooth it not only failed to produced a video, it took forever to transfer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:39 PM
    The sample videos are actually locked and part of the OS so you will not be able to get a copy of them.
    03-31-09 01:01 PM
    Pity. For some reason, Telus' Storm comes with videos from some of my favourite indie artists; Stars, the Stills, Amy Millan.
    What does Rogers' 8900 come with?
    A live performance of John Mayer... "whoopie."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD