View Poll Results: Happy with your 8500?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely satisfied. Call me Crackberry, I'll try to get friends to buy any change I get.

13 20.63%
  • Very satisfied, although I could use some more apps. I'll recommend to friends!

19 30.16%
  • Satisfied, although I could use a better/flash camera.

17 26.98%
  • Somewhat satisfied, although I could use more battery juice.

5 7.94%
  • Neutral, I like the device, althou I could do away with some things.

5 7.94%
  • Somewhat displeased, I will hang to this one if the next OS release fix the bugs. Else...

3 4.76%
  • Displeased, the screen sucks, the OS is a joke, it's full of bugs.

0 0%
  • Very displeased, not only I will grab the next thing I find, as I won't recommend this to anyone.

0 0%
  • Utterly disgusted. Call me a hater, I'll cast the BlackBerry name in flames any chance I get.

1 1.59%
    This is a survey for OWNERS only!

So, is this what you expected? Are you in love and your wife wants you dead? Or did you toss the unit in the bin after a few days?

Vote and share your story!
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-17-10 at 09:14 PM.
    05-11-10 11:04 AM
    I love the potential of the phone.
    A few minor things have let me down though, ie.
    Video streaming is terrible, buffering takes ages and quality is rubbish.
    E-mails keep resending, even after i delete them they come back.
    I have to reboot sometimes because it says i have new messsages when i dont.
    just little things like that, if this is unusual can someone let me know so i can take it to be fixed. thank you x
    05-11-10 11:20 AM
    I love the potential of the phone.
    A few minor things have let me down though, ie.
    Video streaming is terrible, buffering takes ages and quality is rubbish.
    E-mails keep resending, even after i delete them they come back.
    I have to reboot sometimes because it says i have new messsages when i dont.
    just little things like that, if this is unusual can someone let me know so i can take it to be fixed. thank you x
    Thanks for the ultra fast reply! Now that the poll is there, please vote
    05-11-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the ultra fast reply! Now that the poll is there, please vote
    voted neutral - but thats only for now. if my device is faulty and can be fixed then i would jump right on up there and reccomend it to everyone!

I downloaded a cheeky theme from a random site the other week actually maybe that has something to do with the e-mail and message errors im having?
    05-11-10 11:30 AM
    I love my 8530, it a had a few minor problems but I already fixed them. So basically, I have no problem with my 8530.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 12:12 PM
    It does everything that a BlackBerry is supposed to do. The same as the Bold, Storm, ect. Except it has less power. But for the everyday consumer, that doesn't matter. And plus it has great features that older BB's don't (Wi-Fi, Trackpad). It is very fast, no slowness or lagging.

People criticize its 2.0 MP camera and lack of flash. I think the camera is great, and it takes better pics than a lot of 3 MP + phones. The flash doesn't bother me, considering I don't take pics in the dark. Others say it has a bad screen, but honestly it doesn't. It looks better than the 8300 series, and you really won't notice the difference unless you do a direct comparison.

Personally I can't think of anything bad to say about it. Oh, and did I mention the insanely affordable price? I am more than satisfied with this phone.
    05-11-10 12:25 PM
    i just think a lil more memory, flash camera and poof perfect bb......so i may have to jump on bold2 when it hits verizon because it has all and more as far as i have heard.
    05-11-10 01:00 PM
    Best smartphone I've owned yet (and I've owned a lot).

Not perfect, but best overall.
    -Could use a 480x360 screen. My Tour had one but that phone was worse on several other levels...
    -I like the 9000 keyboard better, but I doubt we'll ever see that keyboard ever again...
    -Camera could be better, but I don't expect much from phone cameras.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-11-10 01:03 PM
    Best smartphone I even owned as well... except that it's my 1st. o.o

Still I did my homework and researched every Palm, BlackBerry, WMO (6 and 6.5) they had in stores then. Funny enough, they didn't have any Android... But still, my 8520 is the phone that suits my needs now, both business and media related.

When I play or watch movies, I like my 14.1' screen better

EDIT: Forgot to post what I came for... Seems everybody so far likes the 8500. Even though it is not the perfect phone.
    05-11-10 02:32 PM
    Yeah that's the main thing I don't really get about other platforms. I've had a lot of games on my WM phones, webOs phone, etc, but I rarely ever played them. I just don't really use my phone for games, even if they are available (and I wager most that do routinely play 1 or 2 games, not all of them).

I don't really find myself using a smaller number of apps compared to Symbian, WM, or webOs either... Actually on webOs I probably used the least apps because the battery life sucked and app selection was kinda limited.
    05-11-10 02:41 PM
    I am in agreement with bellero. I really like the Curve 8530 It will suit me fine for awhile. I had the BB Tour and 3 of them with trackball issues. I was getting the 4th sent to me because the store didn't have one and basically I wasn't happy. Two days without a phone working except for calls. I couldn't do anything with it. The trackball had frozen up completely. STUCK. I have my internet wireless with Verizon and used that to upgrade to the Curve 8530. My line upgrade is March 2011. I haven't had any major issues with the Curve. I actually like the camera, takes good pics. The screen resolution may not be the same as the Tour, but it still looks awesome. I like the feel of the Curve, the track pad is GREAT. WEB BROWSING IS A SNAP. I haven't tried the WIFI yet. I live in a small town and there aren't any WIFI hotspots, but I don't need it. When I am in the city, I am working and I don't use my phone at work. One of these days will give it a try though. Nice to know I have it. In all, the Curve 8530 is a great BB. I have a friend at work who wants a BB and I have recommended she get this model. She will be new to BB and this will suit her needs. Even being advanced BB user I find this to be a great. I do wish quickpull app worked on it. That is my only minor complaint. I do hope it will have the 6.0 OS capabilities.
    You can't go wrong with this BB I am a lot happier with it than the Tour.
    05-11-10 03:03 PM
    Its a good phone. Besides a few minor issues (not the greatest reception and battery life has been pretty bad), it is a great phone that's fast and very useful. Even with rev 0 it has super fast internet and pda net works great

05-11-10 04:32 PM
    I've had my phone for 3mnths now it's my first bbcurve 8520 and so far so good. The only thing i wish it had was a flash for the camera. Otherwise it serves my business and recreation well .
    05-11-10 05:00 PM
    I had it since it came out. I really wanted the new tour but got tired of waiting...I should have waited.

I wish it had a better screen, and i wish it was thicker too.

Also now that I found out that 8530 most likely will not be getting os 6.0 im kind of pissed
    05-11-10 05:20 PM
    I absolutely love this phone I have had plenty of smart phones but I would have to say that I am totally satisfied and I am not looking for a new phone anytime soon

05-11-10 05:49 PM
    Never buy a phone assuming it will get an unreleased OS that isn't even close to the phone's release date...
    05-11-10 05:55 PM
    I think this has been the best phone ever for me. I've had Nokias, Sony Ericssons and Motorolas. I think the most stable smartphone (Symbian s60, Symbian UIQ, Blackberry) has been this Blackberry. The screen res is something you commonly find on most budget-mid lvl phones as well as some hi-end phones. No camera flash really gets to me, I hated having to ask my parents to move into the light to take a pic of them last night at applebee's, and her 8350i did the trick. So a single LED wouldn't hurt anyone. And yes, I did take a digital camera as well, but its not the same. As for the speed, EDGE seems really fast on here, so I don't complain. I rate it a 9.5/10. Just for the flash.

05-11-10 06:23 PM
    Had my 8530 for about one week now. Upgraded from a Pearl. The trackpad is pretty cool. Only think I don't like is the less than stellar camera and lack of a flash. Since this phone is for work I suppose those are quite minor. All in all a very nice device.
    05-11-10 07:40 PM
    I am in love with this phone, I just wish it had more battery life and had a camera flash.
    05-11-10 07:52 PM
    "Very satisfied, although I could use some more apps. I'll recommend to friends!"

All the improvement that is left is in the software which is on it. More advanced OS options would be nice too.
    05-11-10 07:55 PM
    Good phone, needs more battery live

05-11-10 08:34 PM
    Good phone, needs more battery live

For the people with battery life issues, have you checked this?
    05-11-10 10:08 PM
    For the people with battery life issues, have you checked this?
    Honestly, I don't know what kind of battery life people expect. Its a smartphone that constantly updates, it has an 1150mAh battery (I think) so 1-2 days seems decent to me. My N85 had a 1400mAh I think, and lasted barely 1 day and a half w/o data. So, this lil' BB of mine is excellent. Just wish it had a flash on it to be honest.

05-11-10 10:19 PM
    Very, very satisfied with the purchase of this BB. Having had a Pearl and then a 8320 Curve, this one has been a great upgrade. I am curious about one post below, someone commented that the 8530 would not be getting OS6. Is that official as I was led to believe that both the 8520 and 8530 would be able to handle the upgrade? I can't understand how the new Pearl can handle OS6 and the 85XX can't as they are very comparable as far as specs are concerned.
    05-11-10 10:24 PM
    Very, very satisfied with the purchase of this BB. Having had a Pearl and then a 8320 Curve, this one has been a great upgrade. I am curious about one post below, someone commented that the 8530 would not be getting OS6. Is that official as I was led to believe that both the 8520 and 8530 would be able to handle the upgrade? I can't understand how the new Pearl can handle OS6 and the 85XX can't as they are very comparable as far as specs are concerned.
    All we know right now is not worthy the data we used to get it to us. ><
    So far, we got as many reasons to believe we will see 8500s get BlackBerry 6 as we have to state they will never see it.

I hope we do, if it means better performance. If it doesn't, just make me a theme that looks like it and give me a better 5.0 (maybe that 5.1 they were working on? Remeber Blackberry 6 OS 6.0 renamed from OS 5.2!).
    05-11-10 10:56 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD