I have a BB 8330 Signed up on movieberry.com but cant get the movies to play on my phone. There in Mp4 format which I thought my phone would play, but when try to play I get error..."The media being played is of an unsupported format" says its ipod.mp4 Does that matter it ipod.mp4? Do I have to convert it with something? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    08-03-09 01:43 PM
    I just did a thread on this same question. I found the Plato video converter and went from .mpg to .3g2 format and they worked. I tried going to .mpg to .mp4 and got the same error you did.
    08-03-09 02:12 PM
    Sorry forgot to give you the link.

Plato Video Converter - Download
    08-03-09 02:13 PM
    Like Vortex mentioned, there have been a few threads concerning converting Movies and there was a link posted on one of those threads.

Luckily I got to read of them and it mentioned a Free program called Any Video Converter. I thought for sure it would be a watered down version of the one they wanted you to buy, but to my surprise, this free version is very good. I converted a 700meg Movie AVI to the mobile phone format and played perfectly on my BB Curve. I did it first with the default settings and wasn't happy with the size of the output, so reset the settings and converted it again.

That 700meg Movie after conversion was made into a 114 meg .MP4 file and played with no problems on my phone.

Here's the link to the free version:

Freeware - Any Video Converter Free Version

And in that other post someone added a link to the Video Basics of the Blackberry phones. Will add that one also just in case you want to see about the different formats.

Lecture 10: Getting Started with Videos on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Hope this helps...
    08-03-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD