I just switched from a palm centro to a blackberry curve 8330.
    And so far am finding it taking a long time to get oriented to the blackberry. Far more than the palm centro.

Even though I was told the blackberry is an upgrade from the centro, I am finding the blackberry much less organized and userfriendly in many ways including lack of organizational and media using functionality than the centro.

For one, blackberry is not playing media files which the centro handles with ease. And the ease of transfering media files to memory card is so much more easy on centro than blackberry system. I cant even find the blackberry on my computer to transfer files directly to like i can easily using cardreader on the centro.
    Which also makes organizing media files into relevent, distinctly labeled folders on the blackberry seemingly not possible.

On the blackberry all my video files only display as one drab, long string of white text files rather than being clearly organizable and sortable according to date, name, size, etc and viewable as thumbnails or text as i choose. Which makes finding a particular video file very laborious, especially as the blackberry is very sluggish in responding to commands for viewing files, taking photos or video, etc. Far slower than the centro so far. Maybe it is warming up somehow and will hopefully be faster soon?

Is there some way I have yet to learn to create and orgranize media files into seperate folders, and view them as thumbnails with descriptive text of what each video or other media file they are?

Also how can i view the media card on blackberry curve 8330 as a distinct drive from my computer to simply organize and transfer files of various types back and forth between computer and blackberry media card?
    I did set up the blackberry to view media card using
    "options
    media card
    mass storage mode support - on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected - yes
    save then try may ask for you password"

but still the blackberry does not show up or be recognized from my computer as a drive or at all to be able to transfer files, create and organize folders and files into such folders.
    Any help with this is greatly appreciated.?
    10-05-09 06:00 AM
    oceansea, When i hook up to my computer it takes a minute. Says installing new hardware then blackberry ready to use then i am able to go to my computer and it is there. You should then be able to arrange and make folders as necessary. chad
    10-05-09 06:57 AM
    Chad is correct,
    but the folders will not appear when selecting media on your device.

Its one painstakingly long list.
    10-05-09 08:39 AM
    Chad is correct,
    but the folders will not appear when selecting media on your device.

Its one painstakingly long list.
    So how can we create folders that will organize and show while actually browsing in the blackberry?

Also, anyone know how to turn the phone off while still having access to all its programs, media, etc.?

So far it seems like only option is to press red button which turns everything off, not just the phone.? Which is really, really poor design if the case.

Even my palm allows turning phone off ( so less cellular radiation which has been proven to cause many health problems ) while still having full access to all programs, media, etc on it.
    10-05-09 02:00 PM
    So how can we create folders that will organize and show while actually browsing in the blackberry?

Also, anyone know how to turn the phone off while still having access to all its programs, media, etc.?

So far it seems like only option is to press red button which turns everything off, not just the phone.? Which is really, really poor design if the case.

Even my palm allows turning phone off ( so less cellular radiation which has been proven to cause many health problems ) while still having full access to all programs, media, etc on it.
    you can turn the radio off and still have full pda functionality

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...-phone-330345/
    10-05-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD