just a curious question. how often do you pop out your trackball to free the lint and dust building up underneath? is it bad to always pop off the ring? will it ever get loose so that the ring doesn't stay on?
    Last edited by koolaidking; 09-09-09 at 02:45 PM.
    09-09-09 02:39 PM
    Never had to going on 6 months
    09-09-09 02:49 PM
    i've broken one ring from taking it off too much. but i usually take it out and clean it once a month.
    09-09-09 02:50 PM
    I've been wondering about this too I clean mine about once a week. I don't care if the prongs being broken but is it good for the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:54 PM
    how exactly do you clean the trackball on the tour?
    09-09-09 02:57 PM
    I've been wondering about this too I clean mine about once a week. I don't care if the prongs being broken but is it good for the phone?

it doesn't hurt the phone, only the little ring that you pop off in order to get the trackball out.

i would assume take the whole thing apart. i wouldn't think it would get as dirty since there is no ring holding it in place.
    09-09-09 03:00 PM
    You would actually need to take the whole phone apart.

09-09-09 03:00 PM
    i've only had it a little while im not too worried about it yet but thanks
    09-09-09 03:01 PM
    I just cleaned mine a few days ago but I think I might need to get a new one. I won't clean it every week though. Maybe once a month or whenever it stops responding like it did before. It wasn't scrolling down but I cleaned it, it worked but it was somewhat rough. Perhaps I will just buy another one later.
    09-09-09 03:20 PM
    How do clean the trackball? mine wouldn't move to the left, so I went to a local cell phone store and they changed it for $20

09-09-09 03:37 PM
    Had my BB one year and one month and never needed to clean it yet.
    09-09-09 03:42 PM
    How do clean the trackball? mine wouldn't move to the left, so I went to a local cell phone store and they changed it for $20
    Click on How to remove and clean your trackball for a more a detailed look.
    09-09-09 03:42 PM
    I've had my Curve almost a year and a half and have never had it off to clean yet. I am kind of OCD about making sure I have clean hands before touching it tho, maybe that helps.
    09-09-09 03:53 PM
    sometimes mine wont select things even though im pushing down on the trackball how can i fix this
    09-09-09 04:39 PM
    Never!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-09-09 04:43 PM
    sometimes mine wont select things even though im pushing down on the trackball how can i fix this
    You need to clean the trackball. There is way too much dust and other whatnot, that is interfering with the ball
    09-09-09 05:03 PM
    I cleaned mine once and it didn't come clean, cleaned it again and it stopped scrolling downward-probably because I bent that silver part that holds everything together. So - I refused to clean them anymore. I bought a black ball and black ring. When I need another - I'll buy it. Its worth the $17 - cause I don't want to damage anything.

09-09-09 05:31 PM
    did it once a month or so ago was little buggy at first then worked fine
    09-09-09 05:58 PM

Ouch!
    09-09-09 06:14 PM
    Maybe I'm obsessive, but I replace mine about every 3 mos. Buy them off eBay for $3-$5. I hate a grungy black trackball. Yecch.
    09-09-09 08:02 PM
    I just bring mine into sprint and they do it whenever it sticks

09-09-09 08:18 PM
    I just bring mine into sprint and they do it whenever it sticks

That's good to hear. I was hoping I could just bring it into a retailer and have it taken care of, since I am paying $7 a month for insurance and all.
    09-09-09 08:34 PM
    My trick:

Moisten your finger on your tongue.
    Roll trackball around with moist finger.
    Repeat 2-3 times.

My trackball gets stuck every 2 months, and this works every time.

This is what happens when you keep it in your pocket with no case.

OR:
    Pimp it out and buy various colored trackballs off the internet for a few dollars each.

09-09-09 08:39 PM
    Yeah if you tell them it sticks once in awhile they usually either clean or replace it.

They seemed to have slowed down with the trackball prob, order a new phone idea.

09-09-09 08:48 PM
    I took mine out and there was a little man in there selling spaghetti. No big deal though asked him to leave and he did. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
    09-09-09 09:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD