How many KB does an average instant messenger use, for example per hour of average use.
    e.g. Using BeeJive for an hour, sending messages every 30seconds or so.

I'm guessing around 300KB ~ ?
    08-08-09 02:31 PM
    It really depends on what you are typing. Each character is basically one byte of data but there are also communication protocols that need to take place with the chat systems in place which also take up data. Really, I don't think this is something you really need to be concerned about. Can I ask what is it that you are trying to find out by asking this question?
    08-08-09 05:24 PM
    It really depends on what you are typing. Each character is basically one byte of data but there are also communication protocols that need to take place with the chat systems in place which also take up data. Really, I don't think this is something you really need to be concerned about. Can I ask what is it that you are trying to find out by asking this question?
    I am going abroad in about 6 hours and it costs me 0.7pence for each KB so I wanted to just average out how much I was going to be spending xD
    08-08-09 07:04 PM
    I would recommend that you download a chat application that works on WiFi. This way you can turn off your Mobile Network connection and only chat when you are connected to a free WiFi Hotspot connection and then chat for free.
    08-08-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD