Right now I have 45 apps including the ones that came with the phone. I am having memory errors and just wondering if there is anything I can do or if I have maxed out this phone? I cant imagine I have cause I dont use it for business or school so most of them are just email, browser, news and stuff. Please let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks
    11-09-08 03:07 AM
    Wow 45 apps, that's some going. In terms of memory management I would suggest taking a look at this thread. I was also consider whether you actually need all 45!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 03:26 AM
    45?! I dread to think what your FILE FREE count is!
    11-09-08 04:28 AM
    As long as you have at least 12,000,000 files free, you can have as many apps as you can get on your device. Once you drop below the number above on memory, you could start to have memory issues, like logs deleting. Hope this helps.
    11-09-08 04:31 AM
    i only have a few extra app weatherbug, empower, sms on, google maps, and peekawho. if u count all the icons on the main menu screen i have 48. tho i dont use many of them and i have deleted the stock pics and sample video i usually have 44m after a "soft reset" and it rarely goes below 36m. lots of emails daily due to work
    11-09-08 07:33 AM
    I too have a few 3rd party apps installed. With including all icons, I have 40. My free mem is hovering at 43mb. Once it drops below 40, I do a soft reset and gain back the lost mem.
    11-09-08 08:19 AM
    Honestly there is just no way you actaully use that many apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 08:23 AM
    45 apps sounds a lot but then again I heard someone saying "640K is enough memory". While a lot of people install all the apps on their mobile just for the sake of having them installed, I think what we are seeing here is the next revolution in computing.

Remember in the early 90s when you had Windows and just a few programs running. And today I don't even know how many? 100 maybe?

Anyway, I think we gonna see a lot happen here and 2-3 from now nobody will say "What? 45 apps?" but rather "Hey, why are you still using your PC/Laptop, you can all do it on your mobile".

Just some thoughts....
    11-09-08 08:34 AM
    RKreig3, I see that you're new - so 1st, welcome to the CB family. As you can see, BB users are always willing to help. the other thing I'd add (particularly since you do have so many apps), be sure sure you are CLOSING your apps properly as opposed to exiting out of them. If you don't, all those apps are going to be running in the background, and your BB will slow down. To check which apps you have running, press the Alt+Esc key. Once you've done that, you can let go of the Esc key and scroll through to see which apps are running. If you have a bunch running, be sure to go to the app, then press the menu button (the BB logo) and select close. Hope this helps.
    11-09-08 08:38 AM
    i will say im an old dude when i went to college for EE we had to do computer progs in binary and hex and fortran and cobal.. long laborious process and in the beginning done on cards..im sure u r all thinkin is this guy on crack? i remem sending the mainframe at PSU into a endless loop at 3am.. the first cell phones in the late 80s i used to have bills for $400 and only use 200-300 min. someone has to pay for the new tech. i digress, i agree soon we will all be sayin y do i need a home unit i can do all that i need on my BB.. gotta love tech i wish i wuda switch to BB years ago
    11-09-08 10:50 AM
    As long as your memory can handle everything, be sure to close them all out properly...
    11-09-08 10:58 AM
    some apps dont really use that much memory if they are like links like i have a couple link icons liek CB,ebay,youtube,espn and they dont use a lot of memory
    11-09-08 11:27 AM
    Ey you can have as many as you want, just bay de aerize card loader. i have it and is great.
    11-09-08 12:21 PM
    You might want to read this thread about that program.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/aer...-review-60919/
    11-09-08 03:49 PM
    Yeah, I read about that, I'll pass LOL
    11-09-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD