Yes, I searched, but came up empty handed....
    How hard is it to change the housing on my 8330? Its not really the housing I want to change but I want a black keyboard (instead of the silver I have) and since I use an Otterbox Impact case, I really don't need the whole housing, but that seems to be the only way I can buy just a black keyboard is with the whole enchilada. How hard is it to do? I am fairly handy, but don't want to do it if I am taking a big chance in damaging my little buddy
    10-07-09 11:42 AM
    It was really easy for me...here is my thread i made about my experiences!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/very-happy-154282/
    10-07-09 11:43 AM
    Right ON! Thank you! It looks awesome, that's exactly what I want. Thanks for posting this! : )
    10-07-09 11:48 AM
    Few things to remember:
    Do not strip your screws bc that is a pain in the rear.
    Also take your time and don't get frustrated.
    When it comes to the siderailings, just take your time and figure out the best way to get them off. That was the hardest part for me.

Good luck girlie!!

Where are you going to purchase your items?
    10-07-09 11:51 AM
    I just found this....Could I get this and skip the whole housing? I only want a black keyboard because I have the Otterbox that is black and the only thing silver that is showing is the keyboard....would this be OK?
    Last edited by CactusCowgirl; 10-07-09 at 12:04 PM.
    10-07-09 12:00 PM
    yea that is fine...you are still going to have to take it apart to change out the keyboard...but once that is done just put it all back on and you should be a-okay!
    10-07-09 12:03 PM
    Few things to remember:
    Do not strip your screws bc that is a pain in the rear.
    Also take your time and don't get frustrated.
    When it comes to the siderailings, just take your time and figure out the best way to get them off. That was the hardest part for me.

Good luck girlie!!

Where are you going to purchase your items?
    Well, I was looking at ebay (cheap) but that cnn.cn is the place I hear so much about...what is best do you think ; )
    10-07-09 12:03 PM
    yea that is fine...you are still going to have to take it apart to change out the keyboard...but once that is done just put it all back on and you should be a-okay!
    Cool...thank you so much! I think I am going to do this. I am soooo not a silver person, KWIM?
    10-07-09 12:05 PM
    when i did my housing change...i purchased from cnn.cn and there items were good. they take about 2 weeks to ship. i could do ebay...i havent personally bought anything of there, but a lot of people have had success with them.

lol i have no clue what KWIM means...please explain. :]
    10-07-09 12:06 PM
    when i did my housing change...i purchased from cnn.cn and there items were good. they take about 2 weeks to ship. i could do ebay...i havent personally bought anything of there, but a lot of people have had success with them.

lol i have no clue what KWIM means...please explain. :]
    KWIM = know what I mean ; )

I am thinking about this.....OEM Blackberry Curve 8330 keyboard tray W/Trackball BK - eBay (item 290352100209 end time Oct-21-09 04:25:59 PDT)

Hmmm the key shapes look different....
    Last edited by CactusCowgirl; 10-07-09 at 12:22 PM.
    10-07-09 12:18 PM
    I say go for it...just read the reviews about the seller.
    You are good to go girl!
    10-07-09 12:19 PM
    Right on. Thank you again....I super appreciate it
    10-07-09 12:28 PM
    Not a problem if you have any questions when you are actually trying to take it apart...shoot me a PM...i'll help ya out!
    10-07-09 12:29 PM
    You rock, seriously

OK OK I am doing this, then shutting up about it

Too bad they don't have black trackballs on that site. I like the gold ring, too!
    Last edited by CactusCowgirl; 10-07-09 at 01:00 PM.
    10-07-09 12:35 PM
    i wasn't actually able to look at the ebay link you posted bc i am at work, but if it is for the 83XX curve series it should work no matter what curve you are using.
    10-07-09 12:42 PM
    sweet...thanks guys. My housing is coming in the coming week and i'm replacing the whole thing.
    10-07-09 01:01 PM
    i thought cnn.cn did have black trackballs...are you sure they dont?
    10-07-09 01:04 PM
    I don't see any for the 8330....I see everything BUT :/
    10-07-09 01:28 PM
    T-Mobile G1 OEM black trackball - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,
    that will work for your trackball(that is what i currently have in my bb)

and here is your keypad
    BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM black keyboard - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

total will be about 20.00 + shipping.
    10-07-09 01:31 PM
    KWIM = know what I mean ; )

I am thinking about this.....OEM Blackberry Curve 8330 keyboard tray W/Trackball BK - eBay (item 290352100209 end time Oct-21-09 04:25:59 PDT)

Hmmm the key shapes look different....
    FYI, this eBay auction you are considering is only for the keyboard tray and black trackball with black ring. What you would end up with is a silver keypad with black home row keys (Call, Menu, Back, End).

You still need to buy a black keypad.

By the way, why are you talking about buying trackballs? This auction includes a black trackball and black ring.
    10-07-09 01:42 PM
    FYI, this eBay auction you are considering is only for the keyboard tray and black trackball with black ring. What you would end up with is a silver keypad with black home row keys (Call, Menu, Back, End).

You still need to buy a black keypad.

By the way, why are you talking about buying trackballs? This auction includes a black trackball and black ring.
    I ditched that auction because its not what I need, I don't want silver, so that's why I was looking at trackballs. On cnn.cn.
    10-07-09 01:46 PM
    T-Mobile G1 OEM black trackball - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,
    that will work for your trackball(that is what i currently have in my bb)

and here is your keypad
    BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330 OEM black keyboard - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular

total will be about 20.00 + shipping.

Yay! Got it! Ordering now whoo whoo. Thanks you guys
    10-07-09 01:47 PM
    YAY!
    I was just excited the first time I did my housing change! & a little help from my buddy xliderider!

Don't for get you can shoot me a PM is you need any kind of help.
    10-07-09 01:48 PM
    And thanks again! But are you sure its not this I need?

Or just the one you sent. I guess I need to take my BB apart so I can stop bugging yall with these questions
    Last edited by CactusCowgirl; 10-07-09 at 01:58 PM.
    10-07-09 01:56 PM
    I would get that just in case because you never really know...you have the 8330 curve right? is it the pink one?
    10-07-09 01:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD